MCAT expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avicenna

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
alright by some miracle I scored something real crazy on the mcat that I'll never be able to replicate if I had to take it again (test-retest validity anyone?)
and as great as that sounds, i got a pretty big problem: I took that test early (Aug 2015). Technically I'm supposed to graduate Spring 2017 but may possibly not even graduate until maybe after that (****, shouldnt rage so hard when freshman)

I need this MCAT score to be valid by the time I graduate, if I have to retake cause of expiration I'll prolly get like 5 points less

2 questions. lets say I do complete graduation spring 2017. How many cycles is my mcat good for assuming i apply as early as possible (in case I get rejected from 1 or even 2 cycles)

question numero dos: say i do lag behind - but only by 1 semester (graduate at the summer semester after spring rather than a whole year back - like right before the med school term starts). Could I apply to the same cycle as those graduating the spring semester?

edit: I know 3 years. but i need u to do the math for me. 3 years from what? 3 years til the new year? 3 cycles?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Graduate spring of 2017 or spring of 2018 for admission starting fall of 2018. MCAT score will still be valid. Problem solved.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone wanna confirm^
&if i gradeuate in the summer, can i get in that same cycle?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
IIRC, it's 3 years until matriculation. So you need to apply for matriculation in Fall 2018, meaning you apply in June 2017.

And as long as your prereqs are done, I don't see why you couldn't graduate summer 2018, but not having ANY break in between graduation and matriculation would suck.

IIRC, it's 3 years until matriculation. So you need to apply for matriculation in Fall 2018, meaning you apply in June 2017.

And as long as your prereqs are done, I don't see why you couldn't graduate summer 2018, but not having ANY break in between graduation and matriculation would suck.

Most schools start in early August and some even start in July. Wouldn't bank on graduating over the summer just for fear of college and med school overlapping, in which case you may not be allowed to matriculate.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools start in early August and some even start in July. Wouldn't bank on graduating over the summer just for fear of college and med school overlapping, in which case you may not be all
alright by some miracle I scored something real crazy on the mcat that I'll never be able to replicate if I had to take it again (test-retest validity anyone?)
and as great as that sounds, i got a pretty big problem: I took that test early (Aug 2015). Technically I'm supposed to graduate Spring 2017 but may possibly not even graduate until maybe after that (****, shouldnt rage so hard when freshman)

I need this MCAT score to be valid by the time I graduate, if I have to retake cause of expiration I'll prolly get like 5 points less

2 questions. lets say I do complete graduation spring 2017. How many cycles is my mcat good for assuming i apply as early as possible (in case I get rejected from 1 or even 2 cycles)

question numero dos: say i do lag behind - but only by 1 semester (graduate at the summer semester after spring rather than a whole year back - like right before the med school term starts). Could I apply to the same cycle as those graduating the spring semester?

edit: I know 3 years. but i need u to do the math for me. 3 years from what? 3 years til the new year? 3 cycles?

I think you should do anything you can to graduate on time with a good GPA!