MCAT/GPA Stats for DO Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroChaos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does any know where I can find MCAT and GPA stats for all 28 DO schools. I have the DO Schools book, but it has alllllllll the information except what concerns most applicants MCAT and GPA stats!. Does anyone know of source. M.D's have a very nice MSAR that lists stats and applied/accepted inteview etc.
Does anyone know where to find MCAT and GPA averages for DO school.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Does any know where I can find MCAT and GPA stats for all 28 DO schools. I have the DO Schools book, but it has alllllllll the information except what concerns most applicants MCAT and GPA stats!. Does anyone know of source. M.D's have a very nice MSAR that lists stats and applied/accepted inteview etc.

The websites of some the schools provide those numbers, but not all do. As far as I know there is no comprehensive publication which contains these stats.

I found this data online, but don't know how recent it is. Though it must be fairly recent, since the newer campuses are included here. I'm not even sure where this data came from originally, but I just came across it in a google search. So take it with a grain of salt, until someone can verify the source.

Osteopathic (DO) Schools MCAT and GPA Averages

A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine – Arizona
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.3
o Overall GPA – 3.4
A.T. Still University Kirksville School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.3
o Overall GPA – 3.5
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University (AZCOM)
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.4
o Overall GPA – 3.4
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.42
o Overall GPA – 3.52
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.7
o Science GPA – 3.49
o Overall GPA – 3.56
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.14
o Science GPA – 3.46
o Overall GPA – 3.55
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25
o Science GPA – 3.2
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – Bradenton Campus
o MCAT – 25
o Science GPA – 3.27
o Overall GPA – 3.35
Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24.62
o Science GPA – 3.18
o Overall GPA – 3.29
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 26-27
o Science GPA – 3.5
o Overall GPA – 3.5
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of the New York Institute of Technology
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.5
o Overall GPA – 3.5
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.65
o Science GPA – 3.33
o Overall GPA – 3.43
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25
o Science GPA – 3.47
o Overall GPA – 3.55
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT –26.1
o Science GPA – 3.58
o Overall GPA –3.64
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.15
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Georgia Campus
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.15
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.3
o Overall GPA – 3.4
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine – New York
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.1
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – California
o MCAT – 26.16
o Science GPA – 3.21
o Overall GPA – 3.35
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Nevada
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.25
o Overall GPA – 3.35
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.45
o Overall GPA –3.5
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.2
o Science GPA –
o Overall GPA – 3.37
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.44
o Overall GPA – 3.52
Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.5
o Overall GPA – 3.6
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.4
o Overall GPA – 3.5
Western Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 23
o Science GPA – 3.36
o Overall GPA – 3.4

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the data may be a bit off though, as I remember recently reading that Western's GPA averages were around a 3.5. So I don't know why they seem lower here in the above list.

That data seems a bit off to me too. UNE reported on their website the average GPA for c/o 2012 was 3.46, with an average MCAT of 27.

the data posted is a mix for each school from the past few years
example the MSU data is from last year while the PCOM data is from 3 or 4 years ago

here are pcom's 2007 averages taken directly from their website -- "The average class GPA was 3.38, the science GPA was 3.45 and the mean MCAT score was 24"
mcat is same as posted above, GPA is pretty different

Thanks everyone.
rkaz thanks for the list. The lists seems a bit on the low side. I was expecting 28-29 MCATs and 3.5's averages. I suppose i have to go through thier websites to get the info.

SOMA's avg MCAT was 26 last year, and I believe both GPA's were also slightly higher than what's posted below.

SOMA's avg MCAT was 26 last year, and I believe both GPA's were also slightly higher than what's posted below.

you are correct!
Class of 2012 Student Profile
98 Students Enrolled
Average GPA (cumulative): 3.4
Average GPA (science): 3.30
Average MCAT: 25.93

The Princeton review publication lists all of the MCAT/gpa stats in a similar fashion as the MSAR, it has all of the allopathic and naturopathic schools in there as well. It was a good resource for me, and its pretty cheap too!

16590269.JPG

The Princeton review publication lists all of the MCAT/gpa stats in a similar fashion as the MSAR, it has all of the allopathic and naturopathic schools in there as well. It was a good resource for me, and its pretty cheap too!

16590269.JPG

Well, they leave out the data for a bunch of schools. Seems like I posted the data from that book a few months ago, too. If anyone finds it, feel free to post a link. :)

I thought the book was a good investment though. The newest version was released this past October. Buy it here.

Reactions: 1 user

16590269.JPG

Naturopathic? :eyebrow:

na·tu·rop·a·thy : a system of treatment of disease that avoids drugs and surgery and emphasizes the use of natural agents (as air, water, and herbs) and physical means (as tissue manipulation and electrotherapy)
(SOURCE: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/naturopathy)

...so now we're hippy doctors?

Naturopathic? :eyebrow:

na·tu·rop·a·thy : a system of treatment of disease that avoids drugs and surgery and emphasizes the use of natural agents (as air, water, and herbs) and physical means (as tissue manipulation and electrotherapy)
(SOURCE: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/naturopathy)

...so now we're hippy doctors?

What's this "we" business?! The naturopathic schools are in a different section of the book than the DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's this "we" business?! The naturopathic schools are in a different section of the book than the DO schools.

Oh my. My apologies; I never heard of naturopathic schools and thought it was referring to DO schools. My mistake.

Oh my. My apologies; I never heard of naturopathic schools and thought it was referring to DO schools. My mistake.

No biggie. I kinda figured that was the case.

I really didn't know anything about them or their schools/admissions stats until I read this book. N.D. seems like a dicey career move to me, but if someone's passionate about it, I bet they could find a nice niche in the right location. I'm always skeptical about efficacy and safety, though, and I know research is often lacking in the CAM (complementary and alternative medicine)-type areas. But for proven CAM methods, I think they can be utilized by both mainstream and naturopathic docs, alike, if the situation calls for them. But I digress...

DO schools are not the same thing as naturopathic schools? ****!

What the hell am I going to school for then?

I found this data online, but don't know how recent it is. Though it must be fairly recent, since the newer campuses are included here. I'm not even sure where this data came from originally, but I just came across it in a google search. So take it with a grain of salt, until someone can verify the source.

Osteopathic (DO) Schools MCAT and GPA Averages

A.T. Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine – Arizona
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.3
o Overall GPA – 3.4
A.T. Still University Kirksville School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.3
o Overall GPA – 3.5
Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University (AZCOM)
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.4
o Overall GPA – 3.4
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.42
o Overall GPA – 3.52
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.7
o Science GPA – 3.49
o Overall GPA – 3.56
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.14
o Science GPA – 3.46
o Overall GPA – 3.55
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25
o Science GPA – 3.2
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – Bradenton Campus
o MCAT – 25
o Science GPA – 3.27
o Overall GPA – 3.35
Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24.62
o Science GPA – 3.18
o Overall GPA – 3.29
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 26-27
o Science GPA – 3.5
o Overall GPA – 3.5
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine of the New York Institute of Technology
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.5
o Overall GPA – 3.5
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.65
o Science GPA – 3.33
o Overall GPA – 3.43
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25
o Science GPA – 3.47
o Overall GPA – 3.55
Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT –26.1
o Science GPA – 3.58
o Overall GPA –3.64
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.15
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Georgia Campus
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.15
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.3
o Overall GPA – 3.4
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine – New York
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.1
o Overall GPA – 3.3
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – California
o MCAT – 26.16
o Science GPA – 3.21
o Overall GPA – 3.35
Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Nevada
o MCAT – 26
o Science GPA – 3.25
o Overall GPA – 3.35
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.45
o Overall GPA –3.5
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 25.2
o Science GPA –
o Overall GPA – 3.37
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.44
o Overall GPA – 3.52
Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 24
o Science GPA – 3.5
o Overall GPA – 3.6
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific
o MCAT – 27
o Science GPA – 3.4
o Overall GPA – 3.5
Western Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
o MCAT – 23
o Science GPA – 3.36
o Overall GPA – 3.4

This data needs to be wiped off of SDN; not only is it something like 4 years old, it was inaccurate to begin with

The numbers seem a little low to me.

for NYCOM, the GPA seems right but I was told from the admission committee that the average MCAT for the class of 2012 was a 27, not 26.

I saw you already have the CIB, but for anyone else who's wondering, the average stats for DO matriculants for 2006-2007 are in there. http://www.aacom.org/resources/bookstore/cib/Documents/cib2009toc/2009_CIBp8-12.pdf
-overall GPA:3.45
-science GPA: 3.36
-non-science GPA: 3.55
-MCAT: 25.5

It also has the applications submitted/students enrolled for each DO school on the last page, though doesn't say anything about the number interviewed.

I have a general question. If my cGPA is 3.26 and my sGPA is 3.7 (honours in biochemistry), does this somewhat make up for my low overall GPA?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with this question

I have a general question. If my cGPA is 3.26 and my sGPA is 3.7 (honours in biochemistry), does this somewhat make up for my low overall GPA?

Post a thread in the What are My chances subforum. Better luck there!

It's better to have a high sGPA than cGPA. You're fine for DO schools. MD, maybe different story. Get a 26+ MCAT and you're good, numbers-wise.

I have similar stats. 3.26/3.5 for MD 3.4/3.6 for DO. I'm very interested to see what people have to say.

These numbers are very out of date now. Wow, a lot has changed in 6 years.

Won't be a problem if your MCAT is >33.

Osteopathic (DO) Schools MCAT and GPA ..

That data appears to have been out of date (some were 3-4 years old) then, and even more so now (6 years later). A ton has changed in 6-10 years, especially considering that those years saw a huge increase in competition.

Probably more accurate but maybe go + or - 1 on the mcat averages. This is from around 2011-2012 and I had posted this sometime late last summer:

Touro-NY: 3.4/3.4/30.8
Touro-Ca: 3.44/3.37/30.1
CCOM: 3.60/3.55/29
RVU: 3.6/3.57/28.33
DMU: 3.68/3.68/28.2
RowanSOM: 3.63/3.55/28
MSUCOM: 3.6/3.6/28
NYITCOM: 3.6/28
UNTHSC-TCOM: 3.57/3.46/28 (2016)
COMP: 3.56/3.51/28
COMP-NW: 3.55/3.49/28
AZCOM: 3.51/3.44/28