MCAT Great but not Uniform

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got a 130, 126, 132, 131 on my MCAT, so 519 overall and I practiced alot of CARS averaging around a 127 on practice tests. Now, I have never been great at CARS because I never studied for the SAT like an idiot and didn't do very much English in high school - I am a mathematical guy and I'm more into creative writing. I was wondering how detrimental this 126 will be to me getting into top 20/30s?

I have a 3.99 GPA in mathematics and I do quite alot of things, am in a fraternity and am president of a club. I was VERY happy with my score but then as the happiness sank in I was like eh.... I don't know about that 126.
Any suggestions, or beliefs about this....

I got a 126 on my practice AAMC test too and now looking back regret doing more of their material because I would get anywhere from 124 to 129 on TPR, NextStep and Kaplan.... had me very surprised that I got this low.

Members don't see this ad.

You got a 519. That's, what, 97-98th percentile? Simmer down. You killed your MCAT, now focus on the rest of your application.

Man, I feel like I need to collaborate with people like you more or something ;). I got 128/130/129/128
But really, you're fine and have a great score. Don't even worry about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you one of those people who feel that any grade less than perfect is a failure?

So, I got a 130, 126, 132, 131 on my MCAT, so 519 overall and I practiced alot of CARS averaging around a 127 on practice tests. Now, I have never been great at CARS because I never studied for the SAT like an idiot and didn't do very much English in high school - I am a mathematical guy and I'm more into creative writing. I was wondering how detrimental this 126 will be to me getting into top 20/30s?

I have a 3.99 GPA in mathematics and I do quite alot of things, am in a fraternity and am president of a club. I was VERY happy with my score but then as the happiness sank in I was like eh.... I don't know about that 126.
Any suggestions, or beliefs about this....

I got a 126 on my practice AAMC test too and now looking back regret doing more of their material because I would get anywhere from 124 to 129 on TPR, NextStep and Kaplan.... had me very surprised that I got this low.

Reactions: 1 user
@Goro
Dude, heavens no. I did pretty bad on my SAT, maybe 70th percentile.... but didnt put the work in. I put a heavy amount of work in the MCAT maybe 32 practice tests so don't get me wrong i am ecstatic with my score but am still a little surprised that I actually did worse on critical reading after doing test company verbal practice..... its just funny honestly.