MCAT Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

November9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am going to get straight to the point. I want to take the mcat next year and through my research I found out that everyone recommended the Sn2ed schedule.
I just needed to know if it is enough to study the sn2ed recommend material if you don't possess a good foundation on the subjects?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Study schedule is useless if you don't know your content. I have all of sn2ed's material and I ended up what worked well for me, including stuff that weren't even MCAT prep company related. The books are meant as a review and each company has their strength/weaknesses.

Definitely not enough. The MCAT tests you on critical thinking and reading comprehension as much as tests you on content. There was a good thread on time for content vs time for passage questions a few weeks back. Everyone needs to find their balance. There are going to be some people who prepared for weeks and rocks it, and others will spend months because they need it. A good base would be to see how you fair on a practice exam and go from there. Don't expect to go from a low percentile score to a high percentile score without putting in the work.

Definitely not enough. The MCAT tests you on critical thinking and reading comprehension as much as tests you on content. There was a good thread on time for content vs time for passage questions a few weeks back. Everyone needs to find their balance. There are going to be some people who prepared for weeks and rocks it, and others will spend months because they need it. A good base would be to see how you fair on a practice exam and go from there. Don't expect to go from a low percentile score to a high percentile score without putting in the work.
Okay, I will look into it. Thank you, and how about the scientific material that sn2ed recommended, will there be questions in the Mcat other than the information in the books(scientific content only)?