MCAT in 10 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkafeel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Shot myself by not doing many passages and plowing through content review and I had to take a few weeks off from studying due to recently took AAMC 3 and scored a 21. 9,5,7. Should I try to plow through aamc exams for practice, or go back review and do more practice passages? Really appreciate the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think you should post pone the exam. I doubt 10 days can really increase your score but then again I am not suren what you're capable of. I am speaking in the perspective as if I were in your shoes. I wouldn't waste the valuable aamc material just thinking I could learn enough to get a decent score. It took me a day or two to fully comprehend the mistakes that I made. And I think you can improve on verbal but with practice. You need to do as many passages as possible and I would start off with TBR. I am not trying to discourage you but that's just what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If postponing your test date is not a consideration, then I think the best course of action is to take AAMC practice tests and spend A LOT of time reviewing them. A critical analysis of questions (both those you got right and wrong) is the core of MCAT studying.
AAMC practice tests will be more beneficial than just practice passages for a bunch of reasons. Primarily, the tests will expose you to the language the AAMC uses and they'll test you under accurate conditions (timing, testing multiple concepts, use of mark tool, highlighting, etc.).

Good luck!!