MCAT Personal Medical Item

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BK2681

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the personal medical item accommodation for the MCAT? I just had eye surgery and my eyes are still healing. I'm studying for my MCAT at the end of July and have noticed that intensely staring at a computer screen during practice AAMC's drives my eyes crazy. Drops of lubricant refresh tears during my practice tests help tremendously. According to the website, I missed the deadline for a personal medical item accommodation for my MCAT at the end of July, but if I don't perform well on the test, then I'm going to retake. The accommodation request is due at the beginning of August. Do you think I would be granted a personal medical item with proper documentation from my surgeon? Do I even need to go through all this accommodation stuff for small plastic vials of eye drops?

I plan on putting eye drops in during my breaks, but sometimes my eyes get irritated in the middle of a verbal section...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: