MCAT Practice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN Members,
I was wondering where the best MCAT sample tests are online that are free. I am looking to get a diagnostic test to see where I am at as i go through my Pre-MEd requirements and I'm just curious as to what resources you guys were using for MCAT Practice. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN Members,
I was wondering where the best MCAT sample tests are online that are free. I am looking to get a diagnostic test to see where I am at as i go through my Pre-MEd requirements and I'm just curious as to what resources you guys were using for MCAT Practice. Thank you.

I don't think there are any free, full-length practice exams for the 2015 MCAT. You have to purchase them through text prep companies like The Princeton Review, Kaplan, ExamKrackers, etc. or purchase the sample test provided by the aamc (although they don't give you a score).

Really the only free resource for the new MCAT is through Khan Academy - they have videos that go over all of the content and provide hundreds of passages and questions to go with it.

You definitely will need to invest in at least one or two things to really be prepared for this new exam! Personally, I have purchased the 7 book sets from both the Princeton Review and Kaplan. I have gone through pretty much all the Kaplan books and the content review is pretty good, but the questions are not. They test your knowledge of the material instead of mimicking the types of questions you'll see on the MCAT. They do provide more online resources, including the passage-based questions that go along with the chapters and 3 full-length practice tests. I have yet to go through The Princeton Review but I have read from others that they mostly just copy-and-pasted their stuff from the old MCAT aside from the new sections added. This set also comes with three full-length practice exams.

Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I bought the Kaplan 2015 7-book set. I am just finishing up my first year in college but I have used them in junction with my classes and so far it has worked out great! I will most likely begin to take practice test starting next year as i get more into O-Chem and Physics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow talk about prepping early! That's good though, I might have done the same had I known as a freshman they'd be changing the MCAT.

I don't know of any free full lengths, but NextStep has a free 1/2 length diagnostic.