MCAT pre-requisites confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureNeuro3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in my 2nd year, psychology and neuroscience major in Canada! I have been studying for Mcat for 3 months so far using physics -ek, biology-ek, biochem-kaplan, psych-kaplan, organic chemistry and general chemistry- ek.

I have taken 1st year biology 1 and 2, 2nd years cell bio and genetics! And like 5 psychology and neuroscience courses! Chemistry 1 and 2! I haven't taken organic chemistry or biochem! I have a GPA of 3.94 so far. And Canadian medical schools don't require organic chemistry or biochemistry! I am really comfortable with biology and biochem (even though i haven't taken the course, my biology courses covered all of the topics, kaplan talked about in their biochem book, nevertheless in less detail) I have not taken organic chemistry;but I watched an entire playlist of videos from 1st semester organic chemistry ()

Now after seeing the post here, people are saying biochem is an absolute must! But I don't know if I will be able to do well if I know the kaplan biochem book fluently and if I will require any knowledge outside of that! My exam is registered for September 23rd! If necessary I can watch this playlist (), but I don't know if it will be helpful.

Now, I did think about taking the exam next year; but my gpa is good and my eccs are good as well. I just need to get a decent mark on MCAT to get into medical school.

Whats my standing? Am I setting up my self for ship wreak?, or will I be able to kill that sea beast waiting to wreak my ship? Any advice would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

How have you been doing on biochem practice questions? Have you taken any practice exams? Taking FLs will gauge your readiness better than any of us can.