MCAT prep course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dunsin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about taking The Princeton Review MCAT prep course during the summer and was wondering how much time outside of the classes do you people usually put into it. I am wondering because i also plan on working and volunteering as well.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question probably best posted in the general MCAT discussions forum. I can't speak specifically to TPR, but I'll offer this: you should think of the MCAT as nearly a full-time job over the summer. Expect to spend anywhere from 25-45hr/wk total on your MCAT prep, depending on your own learning speed and native test-taking talents. Trying to hold down a serious job and volunteering opportunity while also doing MCAT prep is doable, but will be tough. You'll need to have excellent time-management skills and be willing to give up most of your social life.

Go for berkley review, its intense but worth it. I took it as well as Princeton Review. I would say it also depends on what ur weaknesses are and ur strengths. Princeton is good for biology and also general chemistry. I personally didn't like Berkley Review biology. It was way too dense. Berkley review teaches you a lot of trick for gen chem, which I was so grateful for. Berkley review gives u very good and difficult practice exam, so no matter how hard ur exam is, you'll always be prepared due to the level of difficulty that Berkley review exam gives. If u have any questions, send me a private message.

I have MCAT books for SALE BTW

BR:

For all BR books, 350( As a bonus, I will add my all my class materials and handouts included. This is really a great deal!!)

Physics I
Physics II

Gen Chem I
Gen Chem II

Orgo I
Orgo II

Bio 1
Bio 2

EK:($80)

EK Verbal Reasoning Strategy
EK 101 Verbal Workout book

EK Chemistry Lecture Book
EK 1001 Chemistry

EK Physics Lecture Book
EK 1001 Physics (writing in the book)

EK Organic Chemistry Lecture Book
EK 1001 Organic Chemistry

TPR:$130

MCAT Verbal Reasoning Review (Hardly any writing in the book)

MCAT General Chemistry Review (Writing all over the book)

MCAT Biology Review (some writing in the book)

MCAT Organic Chemistry Review (some writing in the book)

Time investment required can certainly vary by student, but for our Summer Full-Immersion Course we recommend 100% MCAT focus, no jobs...maybe a minor extracurricular. Remember that GPA and MCAT are the two biggest factors on your app. One of them you have been working on for 4 years...and the second one most students spend 2-3 months? That's one reason I recommend 4-6 months for even the brightest students.

I'd be rich if I had a penny for every student who told me after exam day they wished they had had more time to study, or had used their time more wisely, but I am yet to meet a student who after taking the exam says: "I should have spent less time preparing." Do your research and shop around.