1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Mcat-prep site down?

Discussion in 'Gold Standard PreMed Headquarters' started by booyah64, Aug 10, 2010.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. booyah64

booyah64

Hi,

If this is the wrong place to post, then I apologize. Is the site currently down for maintenance? I've been trying to login since last night and it's not working. I know my subscription is still valid until the middle of August so that shouldn't be the issue. Please advise! Thanks!
  2. Dr Yiot

Dr Yiot

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    yeah Im getting a little frusterated as well as my exam is friday and I was supposed to take a full length GS exam today. wth people
  3. Dr Yiot

Dr Yiot

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    ok so what do I do now? I can retake an AAMC for today but I wanted to take another exam 2morrow. and then take thursday off for the exam. are there any other exams that I can purchase.(I only need 1). hmmmm
  4. rebel1

rebel1

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hey guys,
    I just posted the same question in the MCAT forum. I thought my internet might be acting up so wanted to know if anyone else was having the same issue with their website.....
    I'm supposed to review the exam I took yesterday. This is so frustrating....come on GS!
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  5. krinkerbelle

krinkerbelle

Pre-Medical

Did you already take every single AAMC exam? If not, I would buy another one. You could also take one again. Wouldn't be bad in terms of boosting your confidence! :)
    I am bummed too. And I am taking MCAT on Thursday and wanted to take the last GS test I had left today, and rest tomorrow.:mad:
    Grrrrr....
  6. Dr Yiot

Dr Yiot

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    already took all of the aamc's. which stinks but i am taking one right meow.
  7. mcat prep

mcat prep Exhibitor

Non-Student
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 5+ Year Member
    Hey Guys

There was a server attack which launched an unscheduled file system check. So the server is down and backups cannot be put online until all errors are fixed.

We know how terrible the timing is for many students. It happened early this morning and we will work through the night to get things back on track.

I will come back to give regular updates.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We will arrange special free online MCAT Virtual Classroom Q & A's with Dr. Ferdinand for our members once the nightmare is over!

UPDATE: MCAT-prep.com is back online; this is the 2nd time in 10 years so hopefully it will be a long time before that happens again. Thanks for your patience.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  8. booyah64

booyah64

awesome!

good luck everyone! just think that all this studying will pay off very soon =)