MCAT Prep w/ Khan Academy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some advice on how to approach my MCAT studies. I'm currently working full time at a new job but I need to take my MCAT so I'm starting my prep now with the intention of taking a May or June MCAT. My plan is to do content review on my own from now until January and then enroll in a course for further content review and practice. The resources I have now are Khan Academy videos and the Kaplan series with flashcards which should arrive this week. I am planning on taking a diagnostic exam this Friday and then starting content review the following Monday. I also want to supplement my content review with khan academy videos but looking at the list kind of frightens me because of how many there are. How should I go about the content review with the khan academy videos? I will be primarily studying at night after work or early in the morning before work and on Saturdays with sunday off.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

There are a lot of Khan videos but they aren't too long. I put the video on one side of my screen and OneNote for notes on the other, did this for almost all of my science content review. I liked to just do one section of videos at a time, take a break, then do the questions for reinforcement before moving on. I haven't got my score back yet, but I'm confident in it being at or above my goal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I worked through the EK book set, then watched Khan academy videos (and took notes) on topics that I was weak on. They were extremely helpful, just make sure you watch the screen for some of the errors that they correct with little text boxes. The videos are fairly short and I watched a lot of them at 1.5x speed because the teachers can talk pretty slowly. I also studied in the morning before work. What might work out well is if you go through the Kaplan books in the morning for a given topic, then watch the corresponding videos in the evening to reinforce any weaknesses.

I really like that idea. How did you go about reviewing content you already studied as you progressed through the books?