MCAT question/ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psu123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just getting a little worried about my MCAT score. Any ORM's with an MCAT in the ranges of 507-509 get interviews at Private OOS MD's last cycle? I'm an oregon resident so my state doesn't help too much.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The replies you get wont help much unless you know their state.

Better question would be if people got acceptances from OOS private schools as a ORM with 507-509 range.

Reactions: 1 user
What's your GPA? Knowing whether one or two people did or did not get in with your stats is not helpful. At best, you can look at the AAMC tables. With a 27-29 MCAT and a GPA in the neighborhood of 3.7, 43% of applicants were accepted. With a GPA between 3.8 and 4.0, 59% of applicants were accepted. Given a standard cut and dry application, your chances are probably somewhere near a coin flip applying broadly and to OOS friendly schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your GPA? Knowing whether one or two people did or did not get in with your stats is not helpful. At best, you can look at the AAMC tables. With a 27-29 MCAT and a GPA in the neighborhood of 3.7, 43% of applicants were accepted. With a GPA between 3.8 and 4.0, 59% of applicants were accepted. Given a standard cut and dry application, your chances are probably somewhere near a coin flip applying broadly and to OOS friendly schools.
If he was a 508-9 I think that's a 30, so his chances would be slightly better.

Just getting a little worried about my MCAT score. Any ORM's with an MCAT in the ranges of 507-509 get interviews at Private OOS MD's last cycle? I'm an oregon resident so my state doesn't help too much.
Consider applying DO

I'm a little over 3.8 and have a 508! I also have good EC's so I was just getting a little neurotic as to whether I would have a good shot this cycle. Thanks for your responses

People in this range are in striking distance for:

Rush

NYMC

Creighton

Albany

Rosy Franklin

Drexel

Temple

Loma Linda

MCW

St. Louis U

WVU

Jefferson

Tulane

Loyola

U Miami

Wake Forest

EVMS

VCU

Netter

Oakland-B

Western MI

Uniformed Services University/Hebert

Any DO program

Your state school(s).