MCAT score for these schools..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DolphinLover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
High 20s and you should be fine. The MD schools have medians right around 29-30. Offhand, I don't know VCOM-SC, I'm guessing around 26.

Hi guys!

I'm prepping for the MCAT and would like to know the approx. score needed to apply to a few schools:

University of South Carolina - Columbia
University of South Carolina - Greeneville
Medical University of South Carolina
VCOM-Carolina

Scored a 501 on the last kaplan practice test I took. ...still have a few months to prep (July MCAT date).

Stats: 3.6-3.65 cgpa, 3.43-3.47 sgpa, URM (AA), tons of clinical, volunteer and research hours. Considered as an IS applicant.

Thanks!

Hi guys!

I'm prepping for the MCAT and would like to know the approx. score needed to apply to a few schools:

University of South Carolina - Columbia
University of South Carolina - Greeneville
Medical University of South Carolina
VCOM-Carolina

Scored a 501 on the last kaplan practice test I took. ...still have a few months to prep (July MCAT date).

Stats: 3.6-3.65 cgpa, 3.43-3.47 sgpa, URM (AA), tons of clinical, volunteer and research hours. Considered as an IS applicant.

Thanks!
I got interviews at USC Columbia and Greenville with a top score of 501 after taking it 3x and was wait-listed at both (ultimately rejected from Greenville, still waiting on Columbia). Did not get an interview invite from MUSC. I think Greenville may be the most lenient with MCAT scores as I know there were several people accepted with 502s. They really seem to emphasize that they try to look at your whole app and not just your MCAT. I'm sure there were some accepted with lower stats at the other schools too, I just don't personally know them. I was told by someone on admissions at Columbia they prefer around 508. Good luck with your MCAT! I'm retaking it in July too :(

Also for reference, I'm a white female. 3.7 GPA, hundreds of clinical/volunteer/research hours, instate