MCAT Score Report Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FaiKT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have a pretty specific question so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. I have an MCAT score of 30 taken 2 years ago and I retook this past cycle and it decreased by 1 point to a 29.. breakdown is as below.
30 - V: 11, PS: 9, BS: 10
29 - V: 10, PS: 10, BS: 9

I only listed my MCAT taken this year as planned on my AACOMAS and forgot that I have to release my scores from AMCAS. My question is would it be better to just delete that planned MCAT from my AACOMAS application so they would not see the decrease in score? My application was also verified 2 days ago and I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I understand that this is probably more of an ethics question but any opinions would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Even if it were possible to hide your score from AACOMAS, it's unnecessary. Statistically, there is no difference between a 30 and a 29. You retook and got the exact same score. So just report the score, and chalk off your retaking boondoggle as a lesson learned. And in general, don't try to "solve" problems by not reporting something when the evidence is easily obtainable by anyone who looks for it. Not only is it unethical, it's front page news stupid to think you'd be able to get away with it.