MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrScrub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering is schools look at individual scores, or overall scores.

I was asking this because my overall score is a 32, but my individual sections are: PS: 12; BS: 12; VR: 8

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah and 8 is not that bad so don't worry about it.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah and 8 is not that bad so don't worry about it.
Agreed. Worry if it's lower than a 7, so I was told. I also was pretty biased against end VR.

Reactions: 1 user

How do you feel about an 8 in PS versus other sections? I ended up with a 13 in bio, and a 12 in verbal. I don't want to retake it but really have no idea how much of a problem it is going to be for schools.

How do you feel about an 8 in PS versus other sections? I ended up with a 13 in bio, and a 12 in verbal. I don't want to retake it but really have no idea how much of a problem it is going to be for schools.
An 8 is adequate given the strength of the other scores. If I had to pick a section for an 8, I'd choose PS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
An 8 is adequate given the strength of the other scores. If I had to pick a section for an 8, I'd choose PS, though.

Thank you! I'm pretty at peace with the score since I'm a philosophy biochemistry double major. It actually seems appropriate. but the vibes I was getting on other threads was making me think I'd get screened out immediately from MD schools.

Thank you so much! It's awesome to have experienced people on these forums to give feedback.