MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DmytriE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether I should continue to go for the september test or not. Could someone clarify these three questions?

1. Are my test scores available to all medical schools or do I need to release the scores to each of them individually?

2. Can I share only my best score or if I allow access to my scores do they see all of the scores and times I've taken them?

3. Would it be wise to take the first test as a practice run to see how I fair and get a feel for the actual environment with the anxiety running high?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For #3, are you talking about taking a real proctored MCAT for diagnostic purposes? That's a definite no-no.

I'm trying to decide whether I should continue to go for the september test or not. Could someone clarify these three questions?

1. Are my test scores available to all medical schools or do I need to release the scores to each of them individually?

2. Can I share only my best score or if I allow access to my scores do they see all of the scores and times I've taken them?

3. Would it be wise to take the first test as a practice run to see how I fair and get a feel for the actual environment with the anxiety running high?

Thanks!

1) All your scores from all your MCATs will be released automatically to AMCAS and will be available to MD schools when you apply. If you are applying to DO schools via AACOMAS or any of the Texas schools via TMDSAS you need to logon and manually release them to those services.

2) You can't selectively release scores. One score report is generated that lists all scores from every MCAT you have taken and not voided.

3) No, I wouldn't recommend that. For one, it's expensive and it looks better if you can just take the test once and score well.

If you don't think you will be prepared for September, you are probably better off paying to reschedule the test to a date that you think will give you enough time to prepare fully. Good luck.