MCAT seat availability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jango1222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to register the MCAT for May but my state simply does not show on the list (Michigan). Does this mean there are no seats available or simply the test is not being offered in my state on that date? I doubt it's the former because on a later date, where my state is shown, it shows 'No seats available' when I click 'Find a seat.'

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking to register the MCAT for May but my state simply does not show on the list (Michigan). Does this mean there are no seats available or simply the test is not being offered in my state on that date? I doubt it's the former because on a later date, where my state is shown, it shows 'No seats available' when I click 'Find a seat.'

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Hey buddy iam in michigan too.. what you need to do is check every couple of hours and you might find a seat from now till before the deadline.. thats what i was doing.. today i was lucky i got a seat may 12 .. it always work.. make sure you keep checking the date you want

Hey buddy iam in michigan too.. what you need to do is check every couple of hours and you might find a seat from now till before the deadline.. thats what i was doing.. today i was lucky i got a seat may 12 .. it always work.. make sure you keep checking the date you want

thanks for the quick reply! Is it safe to rely on just that strategy though? What if you don't find a seat? What would you backup plan be?

thanks for the quick reply! Is it safe to rely on just that strategy though? What if you don't find a seat? What would you backup plan be?

i would book a later date as your backup like NOW. and switch to the earlier date whenever it opens up. sure it's $70 gone, but it's better than having to push it back once again, possibly paying a late deadline fee, of the same $70, but at least with this u dont have to push it back more

Members don't see this ad :)
You can either register for another test date or register for a test center out of state. If you're lucky and get a spot dropped by someone else, then you can switch to it. Though, based on my experience, I don't think it's easy to find an open spot of your interest, given the tremendous number of premeds out there who are waiting every second for their favorite test date and location.

P.S: If you suddenly find a test date that is open again, but says "No seat available" when you click on it, that means someone else has just taken it a few minutes ahead of you.

I had another date registered just in case.. my date was actually later april.. however if i couldn't find a seat a weak before my april deadline i would postpone to a date that is available (late may, june) untill i find an opening.. If you have access to the computer frequently through out the day keep checking and iam sure you will find a seat from now till then. The only thing you would be losing when postponing is money which i thing is not that important considering the event.

I was going through the same thing as the OP. There's so few spots open for the May 24 or May 31st exam date - like 3-5 states max. I've been checking every few hours for the past 4-5 days. I even gave my mom my password and she checked for me too. There's spots for May 19 in states like NY because the week prior is usually when we have our final exams or some people might be going to graduation on that day. In general though - May is a tough exam to find a seat in.

My suggestion is to check around midnight - usually students start freaking out at night and push their exam date then =P and it doesn't hurt to have family help too.