MCAT september 6th!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowski33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

So I'm registered for the September 6th MCAT and I'm starting to freak out. I took a TPR review course over the summer and have finished my content review. I thought my score would go up a lot after switching from TPR to AAMC, but it honestly didn't go up by much. I've been noticing that I really know my content review, but I feel that my reading comprehension/analysis skills are hampering my PS and Bio scores especially. TPR seemed to focus more on recall, and I'm good at recalling facts, but I noticed that after switching to AAMC based material that the answers are always in the passage, and my score has been relatively stagnant. Whenever I take a practice exam, most of my incorrect answers aren't necessarily content based, but result from a misinterpretation of the passage. I'm really just having a hard time finding that medium between using the passage vs. outside knowledge. Anyone have any advice for what I should do?? Should I just focus on verbal and try to apply a similar method to Bio and PS? My Bio score hasn't budged, and it's really frustrating especially when I feel like it's my best subject. Right now, I'm two weeks out from the exam, so I'm definitely hoping I can pull it together and get some confidence on AAMC 9-11 before test day.

On TPR 1-5: my scores were:
TPR1: 4/3/10
TPR2: 7/6/10
TPR3: 8/7/10
TPR4: 7/6/10
TPR5: 9/9/12

AAMC'S
3: 8/9/10
4: 11/8/10
5: 10/9/10
7: 9/8/10
8: 8/9/10 (made allota stupid errors on PS today)

Members don't see this ad.