MCAT Strategy with TPR and EK, Comments much appreciated.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc4lax

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a junior taking the May 31st MCAT, and I am taking TPR's ultimate course through my college. I have done very well in all the pre reqs thus far. This spring I am taking a lighter load (12 credits) which includes second semester physics and general chemistry, so I can prepare for the exam. I am also a spring sport athlete (Division III) in quite a time consuming sport;however, I believe I will still have enough time to prep and be successful given I have 4.5 months till my exam.
I just started my content review today with TPR materials and noticed that they are very detailed. I study/apply knowledge best when I outline the material which happens to be time consuming, and this spring I know I will get behind at some points in my MCAT class given my course load and sport. My question is: if I supplement with EK books which are more concise than TPR on certain topics (mostly bio) in my course, will that put me at a disadvantage for not going through all TPR's material? I have a 3.5 week period from when my school/sport/ mcat class ends, and during that time I plan on doing all the AAMC FL tests that I haven't already completed during my mcat class.
Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about the EK bio, but TPR bio is slightly more detailed than necessary. It doesn't hurt to know it all, but I substituted it with Kaplan bio (belonged to my friend) and was fine.