MCAT Study Breaks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yosef12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im sure you have all been there when studying for the MCAT. You're brain feels like its onfire and it almost feels like a burnout is coming. What do you do when you take a MCAT study break? That is when you are studying for the MCAT and you finished a good couple of chapters of content review or practice questions.

Personally ive been preparing to retake the MCAT and actually going over a full entire content review with my old kaplan 2015 books (I guess the course wasn't entirely a waste of money afterall). When I feel hotheaded or a burnout feeling coming I mark where I left off and try to relax with some good old cable television. Feel free to share what you did (if you took a MCAT successfully in the past) or what you are currently doing (for your next MCAT) for your study breaks. I would be interested to hear all of your stories maybe even apply one of your "brain relax" methods to my own pattern.

I feel like this is important and vital to success when studying for the MCAT. Having a relaxed mind is a efficient mind.

Members don't see this ad.

I play the game Duet. It's a game where you control two balls (blue and red) simultaneously in circular motion, trying to dodge incoming obstacles while accounting for both of them. It's reaaaaally really fun. It also keeps your brain alert.

GAME IS TOO GOOD.

I would watch TV or play Witcher 3, but those seem to be rather commitment heavy, while this mobile game just sucks a couple minutes of my time every round.

Last edited:
Back when I was studying for the MCAT, I watched a ton of Grey's Anatomy. The ridiculous fake medicine helped me convince myself that I was "studying," haha. Of course their science is totally wrong but it was a fun break.

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter what you do for your study breaks as long as you don't think about the MCAT 24/7. That's why so many people recommend exercise (apart from the physical benefit, of course) - it's so much easier to clear your head when you're focusing on getting through a really tough workout. On the other hand, if you try to go out to dinner with your friends but end up worrying that you should be studying, you'll put yourself on edge and make that studying less productive / more panicky when you do get to it.

Reactions: 1 user
great topic as atm, I am burned out... look at problems and the first thought is "pause" ... can't seem to engage

Members don't see this ad :)
520 Mcat guaranteed

yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif

Reactions: 2 users