MCAT Study Material Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greepeace

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A little bit about myself: I took the MCAT this past January (Jan. 23rd to be exact) and got a 31 (10PS/8VR/13BS).
I am definitely interested in retaking the exam during the summer (possibly July 2nd) to improve my score. I aim to score 35+.

I was wondering if someone could give me advice on what study material I should dedicate more time on/purchase. Thus far, I have the EK set of books, Kaplan VR, Physics, Gen. Chem, and practice problems sets. Do you think it would help if I purchased the PR books series as well as their workbook on ebay or amazon? Also, I have read that BR can be a powerful tool, so should I also spend money on that as well. My budget is pretty limited at this point, and I hope to spend no more than ~$150 on new study material.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for having the time to read my post! :)

Members don't see this ad.

My budget is pretty limited at this point, and I hope to spend no more than ~$150 on new study material.

Why buy new if you are on a limited budget? If you are patient, you can find good prices on used BR books at SDN ($150 to $200 for the science set). Ebay prices are insane, almost always higher than the price for new materials directly from the company website, but SDN has some great deals from time to time. Also, if you opt to buy new BR books, they keep a high resale value. Spending $280 for new science books, using them gently, and then selling them for $200 to $250 on SDN classifieds would be fairly cost effective.