MCAT study plan...I only have 5 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspirations101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning to take the MCAT January 23rd 2016 exam. I already purchased the AAMC official guide and am going through it.

I have not started studying, and only have November, December, and almost all of January to study. Out of these 3 months, I only have winter break (5 weeks) of commitment-free study time. Until those 5 weeks, I can dedicate about 1-2 hours each day M-TH, and 5 hours each day Fri-Sun. Then, when winter break starts, I'll have 8-10 hours per day, maybe even more. I need help laying out a study plan so I can just start by next week.

Are Chad's videos good for content review, especially for the new exam? EK? TPR? I am stuck as to which materials to get.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

5 weeks? Generally that is not enough unless you've already finished all content review. You asked about Chad's videos for content review, what exactly do you need to review? specific subjects or the whole MCAT?

Reactions: 1 user
5 weeks? Generally that is not enough unless you've already finished all content review. You asked about Chad's videos for content review, what exactly do you need to review? specific subjects or the whole MCAT?

Do you think I should use those 5 weeks dedicated to content review and practice, then just take take my MCAT in April? I need content review for almost everything.

Members don't see this ad :)

Also, it'll be more than 5 weeks since I have all of November and half of December in addition to it, but during that time I'll have school commitment, along with finals.

I don't see the need to rush and take the test in January since the AAMC won't open the registration until June. Even if you take it in May, your score will be released around the time you start to apply. Start your content review and see how you progress. By January, if you're done with it, you could sign up for April date and that should leave you 3 months to practice.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't see the need to rush and take the test in January since the AAMC won't open the registration until June. Even if you take it in May, your score will be released around the time you start to apply. Start your content review and see how you progress. By January, if you're done with it, you could sign up for April date and that should leave you 3 months to practice.

I agree! Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the advice :)

I agree, don't rush unless you need to.
I cant' say don't though, I also rush studied the old MCAT for 3 weeks last Jan and got a 35-I think pressure was good because I didn't start forgeting the first things I studied like people who take 6 months to preapre do