MCAT Study Schedule using TPR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettylittledoctor22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone taking a TPR course would be willing to share their course schedule so that I can follow a similar pattern. I'm looking to take the test either in May or in June, so I should begin studying relatively soon. Please let me know if you are willing to share.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Alternatively, you can design your own schedule, one that suits your own needs. If you're really stuck on how to design one, use SN2'ed's schedule as a template.
Really it's simple, it's just basically studying a chapter then doing corresponding exercises.
The important thing is for you to understand the different concepts, rather than try to plainly memorize them.

Again it depends on you, you have 4-5 months left so I highly recommend doing a chapter a day not more for a few basic reasons:
A- Avoid getting burnt out
B- Avoid passive studying, and rushing through the chapter
C- You have plenty of time, use it to master the concepts.
You just need to decide on when you want to begin studying, count the days, count the chapters, and divide.
So open up excel and just start writing until you reach a perfect personalized schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Again it depends on you, you have 4-5 months left so I highly recommend doing a chapter a day not more for a few basic reasons:
A- Avoid getting burnt out
B- Avoid passive studying, and rushing through the chapter
C- You have plenty of time, use it to master the concepts.
You just need to decide on when you want to begin studying, count the days, count the chapters, and divide.
So open up excel and just start writing until you reach a perfect personalized schedule.

Thank you :) I will make sure to do this!!

Don't plan to do a certain number of chapters a day. Use TPR's tables of contents or syllabus and go in their order as quickly as you can. This is because you are likely to take much more time than expected on some chapters, and much less time than expected on other chapters. To limit yourself to a certain number of chapters each day is a recipe for falling behind. If you are like most people, you will have some days where you cannot get through all the material - and those days are likely to come more frequently toward the end of your course when you have the more advanced concepts. Best plan is to move as fast as possible through as much material as you possibly can each day. This should make time for any chapters that take more time than anticipated.

If you need to supplement any of TPR's lessons with additional material, don't hesitate to search the internet including just for videos. Some people don't think of this options and are surprised to see all the MCAT prep stuff that's out there for free.

Good luck!

Don't plan to do a certain number of chapters a day. Use TPR's tables of contents or syllabus and go in their order as quickly as you can. This is because you are likely to take much more time than expected on some chapters, and much less time than expected on other chapters. To limit yourself to a certain number of chapters each day is a recipe for falling behind. If you are like most people, you will have some days where you cannot get through all the material - and those days are likely to come more frequently toward the end of your course when you have the more advanced concepts. Best plan is to move as fast as possible through as much material as you possibly can each day. This should make time for any chapters that take more time than anticipated.

If you need to supplement any of TPR's lessons with additional material, don't hesitate to search the internet including just for videos. Some people don't think of this options and are surprised to see all the MCAT prep stuff that's out there for free.

Good luck!

Do you by chance have a syllabus for the 2015 topics that I can use as a guideline?

I disagree with the goal of doing as much as you can each day as fast as possible. To me that seems like asking for trouble. My TPR class was 2 1/2 hours a day, three days a week. Each class covered about two chapters in the book, sometimes more and sometimes less just depending on the material. It went through the TPR books in order, and rotated pretty evenly through the 5 subjects, though there was much more bio than ochem. And a few problem sets/passages one each subject we should do before the next class on that subject. But this was NOT for MCAT2015.