MCAT Verbal Books for 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSmyth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I plan on taking the MCAT in April/May of 2016 (a long time from now, I know), but I wanted to start working on my verbal score way ahead of time. I have a feeling that it will be a very weak section for me, and I plan on buying an MCAT Verbal book this summer to start reviewing and getting a feel for the types of passages that will be on the test.

In your opinions, which books worked best for you, and which ones are good to start out with?
Also, I'm assuming the verbal section won't change with the new 2015 exam? Thanks for any input guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Buy the AAMC MCAT question pack and start doing/ looking at those on a weekly basis. It's the best material out there. In case reading comprehension is a problem, read for a couple hours every day.

Keep in mind, while the AAMC material is good, the actual test passages will be longer by 25%. I would focus on building endurance by reading articles from the New York Times