MCAT Winter Bootcamp Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lebronisking23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How effective is a four week course right before the January MCAT? Any input would be great from this who have done one!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Like to try to learn everything? Pretty much impossible. At 4 weeks out you should be through all content and in practice test mode.

Reactions: 1 user
Any course would be focused on content, and I think it's better to be in practice-test mode at 4 weeks out. Just my humble opinion :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If your goal is to freshen up, I would go through the content outline. Definitely agree that you should be in practice mode at 4 weeks out

So would it maybe be best to do a course right now for content review? I have a scholarship that will pay for any MCAT course, that's the only reason I'm even debating it. When is it most optimal to take a course?

So would it maybe be best to do a course right now for content review? I have a scholarship that will pay for any MCAT course, that's the only reason I'm even debating it. When is it most optimal to take a course?

If it's free, do a course as soon as possible and use it as a supplement to get you through content review.

Did you happen to take a course of any kind?

I did! I had a similar credit type of deal as you do so I did Princeton. I thought it was helpful for initial content review but it's a guide in that you also need to self-study a lot- the course will mainly highlight areas for you to review. If your credit works for NS I might look into them too since they do 1:1 tutoring whereas Kaplan and Princeton will be in a group setting.

I did! I had a similar credit type of deal as you do so I did Princeton. I thought it was helpful for initial content review but it's a guide in that you also need to self-study a lot- the course will mainly highlight areas for you to review. If your credit works for NS I might look into them too since they do 1:1 tutoring whereas Kaplan and Princeton will be in a group setting.

Ok that would make sense. And yes it applies to any MCAT course. I've looked into next step and have heard great things. And the one on ones would be through video right?

Ok that would make sense. And yes it applies to any MCAT course. I've looked into next step and have heard great things. And the one on ones would be through video right?

Yeah I think it's like a skype session. If $ isn't an issue I would go with them because it'll be the most personalized.