MCAT-wise, do stomach break down only protein?(with enzyme pepsin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT-wise, do stomach break down only protein?(with enzyme pepsin)

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. The main digestive action of the stomach is to cleave select peptide bonds in proteins with pepsin (released as pepsinogen).

Yes. The main digestive action of the stomach is to cleave select peptide bonds in proteins with pepsin (released as pepsinogen).
Ok thanks! And thank you for always answering my questions, I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I see.

No I took it on 1/10 - just waiting for my score. Right now I am just browsing the forums while reading for class. :)

I see.

No I took it on 1/10 - just waiting for my score. Right now I am just browsing the forums while reading for class. :)
Oh I see, I hope you get a good score! If you don't mind, how are you so knowledgeable? I feel like you know way beyond what is normally taught in typical MCAT study books.

Haha. Thanks I hope I did too.

Well I have taken quite a few physiology classes and work in an allied health profession.

I also really just like to read and learn things, especially about human physiology.

If I answered anything about Chem/Physics it is because I just took those in my post-bac program and also currently work as a tutor for bio/chem/physics/calc.

Haha. Thanks I hope I did too.

Well I have taken quite a few physiology classes and work in an allied health profession.

I also really just like to read and learn things, especially about human physiology.

If I answered anything about Chem/Physics it is because I just took those in my post-bac program and also currently work as a tutor for bio/chem/physics/calc.

Oh wow, that is really awesome! So then how were you scoring on your AAMC practice tests? I am shooting for 35+ but it really feels as though I need additional knowledge not typically found in MCAT books to get a score that high, so I figured someone like you would score really high.

My average was around 39 - my goal is around a 33. I would be thrilled with that.

My average was around 39 - my goal is around a 33. I would be thrilled with that.
That is really good! I am sure you will score much higher than 33, since I scored 32 last time and you are way more knowledgeable than I am.

Reactions: 1 user