MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NNPham

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think I can work part time while studying for the MCAT? Is that possible and would that be a good thing to do?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen the AAMC MCAT data, thanks.

I'm glad you have an opinion about this, but I'm going to listen to the following poster's opinion over yours, given that it will have much greater bearing on med school prospects. Known Adcomm>random SDN'er.

Only you can answer this. On the whole, we do expect you to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

If an applicant can only do one thing at a time, like study for MCAT, then how would said applicant handle medical school, where s/he will be taking an MCAT every 1-5 weeks?

I've seen the AAMC MCAT data, thanks.

I'm glad you have an opinion about this, but I'm going to listen to the following poster's opinion over yours, given that it will have much greater bearing on med school prospects. Known Adcomm>random SDN'er.
Know that Goro admitted that a certain MCAT score is basically a prerequisite for certain schools. He/she also wasn't able to explicitly disagree that a few points on the MCAT is a better asset than slightly increased extracurriculars.

Goro only said that in theory, it is nice to be considered an applicant that can handle extracurriculars as well as academic success, but was never able to bring him/herself to the (explicit) conclusion that the extracurriculars over that period would bring more benefits to the average wannabe matriculant's application than an increased score.

Last edited: