MCC of sleep disorders?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anastomoses

secretly an end artery
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I run into so many people who seem to have unsatisfying or poor sleep. I never really know what to suggest other than seeing a doctor about it...that there might be a small glitch that can be easily ameliorated. Most seem to suggest they've tried everything but have no idea how to fix it. I had no idea there was sleep medicine until I saw this forum.

What actually are some of the major causes of sleep disorders?

And moreover, what are the most common causes of restless or very light sleep other than sleep apnea?

Members don't see this ad.

Came out this morning - http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03...t-saving-time-can-be-a-danger-to-your-health/
Circadian rhythm disorders, medical conditions, medication, psychiatric disorders and good 'ol home-grown OSA all contribute to excessive daytime sleepiness. Some of the trials and tribulations of being apart of a society which is chronically sleep deprived.

Would recommend you check into a month long elective in sleep medicine if you're interested in learning more.

Reactions: 1 user