McGill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yikes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any us residents applying to mcgill? if so, how many scholarships/funding sources will you be applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone apply to McGill here? What's the PS length?

The instructions say 'as much detail as you can', and you can either submit a hard copy to the department, or fill up a space-limited entry to the online application to graduate school. There was no mention about the maximum number of words.

The problem is: the space-limited entry has a limit of 2000 characters!!!!!!!!! That's less than 400 words. I can't quite cut down that much. But I don't want to send in a 1200 words hard copy response either, because I 'should have' explored the alternative submission option?!

What should I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to McGill here? What's the PS length?

The instructions say 'as much detail as you can', and you can either submit a hard copy to the department, or fill up a space-limited entry to the online application to graduate school. There was no mention about the maximum number of words.

The problem is: the space-limited entry has a limit of 2000 characters!!!!!!!!! That's less than 400 words. I can't quite cut down that much. But I don't want to send in a 1200 words hard copy response either, because I 'should have' explored the alternative submission option?!

What should I do?

I would submit the hard copy, edited down as much as you can. There's no way you can say what you need to in 400 words.

Are you in a time crunch? If so, consider overnighting it. :luck:

Thanks...I am going to do just that......needed some confirmation from others during this anxious time =)

There's something call express post here in Canada...something in between courier and regular....will get my documents from toronto to montreal in 2 days. =)

i'm pretty sure the website says you can submit the essay with your package to the dept or online. i think i'll just submit mine with the package i send to them.