MCP Hahnemann IMS Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fozzy40

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this program? Heard anything about it? Thanks guys!

fred

Members don't see this ad.

whats up fozzy? From what I read it seems like a pretty cool program to me. They seem to be placeing people in to a big varity of schools...do you happen to anything about PCOM's MS program by any chance?

Hi Fred,
I am currently in the IMS program, and I have a favorable opinion of it. I believe it does a rather good job of getting people into medical school, provided that one does well, of course.
If you have any specific questions about it, I will be gald to answer as best I can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you take classes with the medical students? Do you think it is too late to apply? Do you suggest working if I get into the program? Thanks again.

Fred

Hi Fozzy,
The way the program is set up is that we take about 75% of the same classes that the med students take. However, we don?t take the classes with the med students, since the med school campus is at a different location than where our classes are held. The lectures are telecast live to us from the med school campus ? I know it sounds a bit cheesy, but it works out quite well. The professors are available for office hours (infact, many of them have offices at our campus, instead of at the med school). Also, they give reviews etc. before the exams in person to us at our campus, so we can ask questions then.
As for applying, I don?t think you are too late. In fact, I applied last year right around this time, shortly after I had received rejections from all the med schools I applied to. But I would suggest hurrying up with the application, since the program is competitive.
As far as working is concerned, they suggest that you don?t, and for good reason. The course load is quite heavy, and you will need a lot of time to study. However, once you get settled in, I think you could work p/t without much trouble. IMO, the second semester is easier than the first, and affords more free time than the first. Also, all lectures are taped and are put in the reserve at our library, and you can check them out as you wish for a couple of hours. Many students (myself included) find it easier to view the tapes at a more convenient time than rushing to lecture at 8 AM or so, especially since we are watching the lectures on a screen anyway. That might also help out if one wants to work and needs a more flexible schedule.
If you have more questions, don?t hesitate to ask. And, good luck!

Qafas,

I sent you a PM and you never replied! I am too in the MCP program. Trying to figure out who you are.

Sorry about that Medicine.....I don't check that email often. Anyway, I just sent you a reply. Write back when you get a chance.