MCPHS 3 year Fall 2016 Entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They do offer phone interviews, when you say low, how low? Do you have things to offset the grades like great LORs/work experience?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
3.0 :(:confused: I know its low and my pcat is comp 80
I have been volunteering at different healthcare institutions since 2010 and at pharmacy from 2014
LORS from prof, TA and pharmacist

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure MCPHS doesn't require nor look at PCAT scores. But I think you should have at least a chance 3.0 is the min and the fact that they have extended the deadline to apply should imply that they have open spots! Good luck!

I'm pretty sure MCPHS doesn't require nor look at PCAT scores. But I think you should have at least a chance 3.0 is the min and the fact that they have extended the deadline to apply should imply that they have open spots! Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my interview invite finally! I interview next Tuesday. Excited and nervous all at once.

Reactions: 1 user
I e-submitted my application on Feb 28 and received confirmation from MCPHS that my application is under review on 3/24. The confirmation e-mail stated that they are sending out decisions on a rolling basis. Does anyone know when I should be expecting an invite for an interview, rejection, or waitlist? I know that my submission at the deadline wasn't the best timing so I'm just wondering if it'll take a while for correspondence from the school. My stats are decent I suppose, 3.48 overall GPA (math 3.81 and 3.2 for science), ten years of pharmacy tech experience with seven of those years as a pharmacy technician manager. What are my chances? Can anyone help me?

I e-submitted my application on Feb 28 and received confirmation from MCPHS that my application is under review on 3/24. The confirmation e-mail stated that they are sending out decisions on a rolling basis. Does anyone know when I should be expecting an invite for an interview, rejection, or waitlist? I know that my submission at the deadline wasn't the best timing so I'm just wondering if it'll take a while for correspondence from the school. My stats are decent I suppose, 3.48 overall GPA (math 3.81 and 3.2 for science), ten years of pharmacy tech experience with seven of those years as a pharmacy technician manager. What are my chances? Can anyone help me?

That seems like a long time, I would called admissions and double check that they didn't already send you a decision whether to invite you for a interview or not. Your stats are good enough and your pharmacy experience is great. I think you're chances are on the higher end but seems that you should've recived something by now if your app was confirmed by MCPHS feb 28. I was sent an invite for an interview around 3 weeks after confirmation and from others on here their invites were sent around the same timeline

That seems like a long time, I would called admissions and double check that they didn't already send you a decision whether to invite you for a interview or not. Your stats are good enough and your pharmacy experience is great. I think you're chances are on the higher end but seems that you should've recived something by now if your app was confirmed by MCPHS feb 28. I was sent an invite for an interview around 3 weeks after confirmation and from others on here their invites were sent around the same timeline

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate the knowledge and feedback. Just to clarify... my info was confirmed on March 24th by MCPHS so it is coming up on three weeks. I know I shouldn't bother them within that timeframe so should I give it a couple more weeks.

Hi everyone!

here are so more stats..
No pcat, Bachelors in Biology,prerequisite GPA -3.26, Overrall GPA 3.33, lots of pharmacy experience

Pharmcas submitted 3/1
Interview invitation via mail 3/22 received 3/27
Interview 4/14 but I am planning to change it to a later date.

annnnd Im just so curious about the city and the accelerated lifestyle !

Hi everyone!

here are so more stats..
No pcat, Bachelors in Biology,prerequisite GPA -3.26, Overrall GPA 3.33, lots of pharmacy experience

Pharmcas submitted 3/1
Interview invitation via mail 3/22 received 3/27
Interview 4/14 but I am planning to change it to a later date.

annnnd Im just so curious about the city and the accelerated lifestyle !
When did MCPHS confirm that your application and documents were complete? I e-submitted on 2/28 and they confirmed mine on 3/24 because it took me some time to get my high school transcripts to them. Just curious because it is taking some time for them to get back to me. I haven't received anything about an interview, rejection, or waitlist yet.

When did MCPHS confirm that your application and documents were complete? I e-submitted on 2/28 and they confirmed mine on 3/24 because it took me some time to get my high school transcripts to them. Just curious because it is taking some time for them to get back to me. I haven't received anything about an interview, rejection, or waitlist yet.

Just looked at an old email and it was verified on march 16.

Do you live far from worcester? maybe its in the mailing process? try not to worry!

Just looked at an old email and it was verified on march 16.

Do you live far from worcester? maybe its in the mailing process? try not to worry!
I live in Chicago. It looks like everyone here received some type of correspondence within 2 to 3 weeks post confirmation. I'm patiently waiting and hopefully it is in the mail. Best of luck to you and thanks for responding.

I got an interview invite!! So happy! Has anyone here had their interview already? If so, can you please share how the experience was? What type of questions? What was the writing sample like? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. For those who have already been accepted and starting in the fall, congratulations and I hope to join you soon!

I got an interview invite!! So happy! Has anyone here had their interview already? If so, can you please share how the experience was? What type of questions? What was the writing sample like? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. For those who have already been accepted and starting in the fall, congratulations and I hope to join you soon!

There are some interview questions on Page-1 of this thread.
For the writing part, you were given 8 topics n you got to choose one.
From what I remembered is : what are some of the stressful experiences in life, using grades to measure students' achievement, goal you set up for yourself but did not achieve it, and what did you learn from it.
good luck.