MCPHS-Boston Class 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sangmin402

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
DId anyone applied to MCPHS-Boston?
Does the school email any kind of email like a confirmation email because I didn't get any

Members don't see this ad.

I've only received an e-mail that they were reviewing my application. No interview yet.

Did anyone else receive the e-mail that MCPHS-Boston is at full capacity for this year? :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just get a email? I just submitted my pharmcas with MCPHS-Boston.

I still haven't heard a word from Boston since they said they were reviewing my application.

If they are at full capacity, that is such BS. We shouldn't have been charged the fee!

Is the Boston Branch the one where they offer 0-6 program? I may have mistakenly applied to this one instead of the Worcester branch, I am looking to apply to the 3 year PharmD program.

I got an email yesterday that they have all my required credentials and that they will be reviewing my application. They will contact me later for any decisions made.
What is it that the university is at full capacity?
That is weird

Is the Boston Branch the one where they offer 0-6 program? I may have mistakenly applied to this one instead of the Worcester branch, I am looking to apply to the 3 year PharmD program.

yep, the Boston branch is 0-6, but they accept a very limited about of students that are not already in their program.

They do have 4 years and 3 years programs! Check the school website out.

that's so weird that they are still reviewing applications if they told me they are at full capacity..maybe that was just their polite way of rejecting me? o_O

Yes, Boston is the 0-6, and Worcester is the 3 year program. I strongly suggest you NOT to apply to the 3 year program. If you do some research you will find that the attrition rates are extremely high.

that's so weird that they are still reviewing applications if they told me they are at full capacity..maybe that was just their polite way of rejecting me? o_O

I have heard several people tell me the same thing, and yes, it seems to indeed mean that. It appears that they screen applicants using GPA primarily, because I had a friend who was encouraged to apply with a lower GPA and a higher PCAT automatically get rejected.

they told me they could transfer my application to one of the other 2 branches though. To Worcester or Manchester

DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.

I repeat.

DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.

Especially if you are a transfer student.

There is no space, their administration is a joke, and they are still fixing their curriculum despite being the "2nd oldest pharmacy school". Everyone here hates it, even the 0-6 kids.

I would not be surprised if their accreditation is revoked within the next 5 years.

Background:
Been here as a transfer student for 3 years now.