MCPHS for pre med?

PrepschoolDR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is MCPHS a good school for premed? I'm looking into a lot of ivies and more selective schools because I got to a very good private high school (#1 in the USA) and I have a very high GPA but cost is a worry and I'd be eligible for a scholarship at MCPHS. Anyone know how good it is? I really want to go to Harvard Med for med school because they have a ton of partnerships with boston hospitals (New Englander here) and I know a lot of doctors that run programs there... But would it be possible to go to MCPHS and get into a really good medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

I live near MCPHS. It's an okay school, but it's VERY expensive according to my friends that go there and the dorming options aren't so good. However, it is close to the Longwood Medical Area which is one plus. I found MCPHS to be too "specialized" and pre-professional, as opposed to provided a broad, liberal-arts curriculum that I think med schools prefer. Honestly, I'd rather go to BU/BC/Northeastern if you're looking at Boston schools; the education there is better. It's up to you though.