MCPHS interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalagirl

lalagirl
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview invitation yesterday! I am going through interview questions on SDN now.. but I am still worried about the interview!!
Is there anyone who has already have an interivew at MCPHS?
Could you give me any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

lalagirl,

MCPHS is one of the schools i am applying to. just wonder when did you send your application?

How did they inform you about your interview? Phone? Postal mail? Email?

Congratulations!!! :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my application in late september.. and I got a mail saying that they have recived my application like.. two weeks ago ..( I don't remember the exact date) The invitation was sent by a postal mail
Thank you! but I am not ready for the interview yet.. so I am not that confident about this whole interview thing...

I sent my application in late september.. and I got a mail saying that they have recived my application like.. two weeks ago ..( I don't remember the exact date) The invitation was sent by a post mail!
Thank you!~~ but I am not ready for the interview yet.. so I am not that confident about this whole interview thing...

i wish u best of luck ...you will be fine...can u plz share your stats with us

good luck!! :thumbup:

is this the worcester campus you got an interview to? congrats, i just sent my app in last week.

you will be just fine!! make sure that you show interest to the interviewer about the school. Go to the website, depending on which campus you are going to, they have their unique things (pharmacy entrepreneurship track in worcester)... the interviewer will 80% ask you why you chose the school, make sure you are enthusiastic about it, ask questions based on his response. Remember, as a future pharmacist, communication is the key, and that's exactly what they want in you.

Congradtulation :thumbup: when is your interview? I havent sent my application. I will send it out by next week, I think.

I got an interview!!! I am so happy!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I scheduled it for Nov 1st, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Where are your interviews at? Worcester or Boston?

at 2.
Is it hard to find the school?

depends, where are you coming from? train or driving? o... 2, that's a weird time... P1s, including myself, end class at 2, by the time u finish ur interview.. we'll be all gone.. lol.. I don't think they like to stick around much...

depends, where are you coming from? train or driving? o... 2, that's a weird time... P1s, including myself, end class at 2, by the time u finish ur interview.. we'll be all gone.. lol.. I don't think they like to stick around much...

I driving from NY. Yea the lady said either 1 or 2, and I chose 2.

I driving from NY. Yea the lady said either 1 or 2, and I chose 2.

from NY huh.. hmm.. taking masspike? actually the school is not very hard to find at all. as long as you can find Main Street, we're right parallel to Main Street, there's the big DCU center right across from our school so there are signs everywhere in Worcester telling you how to get there. For parking, don't park in the meters around the blocks because it's 15 minutes limit, park in the garage across from DCU center on Commercial Street, it's like $2 for 2 hours, very cheap and safer than parking your car outside.

from NY huh.. hmm.. taking masspike? actually the school is not very hard to find at all. as long as you can find Main Street, we're right parallel to Main Street, there's the big DCU center right across from our school so there are signs everywhere in Worcester telling you how to get there. For parking, don't park in the meters around the blocks because it's 15 minutes limit, park in the garage across from DCU center on Commercial Street, it's like $2 for 2 hours, very cheap and safer than parking your car outside.

Thanks so much!

Do you think I have to bring anything (like document wise)?

hmmm.. I just brought the course transfer sheet that they send you (or did they?) i don't know if they sent u one yet, but they did for me, coz i had my interview in january, but I brought that, ended up not using it because they had one in my portfolio lol.. if you have any financial letters you need to ask, just bring those. Bring a pen, will show that you are prepared, although they will offer you one to write your essay. I brought a copy of my resume, basically the stuff that I sent to them, but they never needed to see it. I think if you have a folder with a few papers in it, it will (might?) portray you as more 'business' like and prepared, that is always a plus. Remember you not only need to prove yourself to your interviewer, but also the lady at the admission's desk and anyone walking by, they will all be part of the review committee. lol.. making small talks with them while you're waiting for your interviewer (if you have to) is always a good thing, make them remember you, in a good, harmless way :laugh:

hmmm.. I just brought the course transfer sheet that they send you (or did they?) i don't know if they sent u one yet, but they did for me, coz i had my interview in january, but I brought that, ended up not using it because they had one in my portfolio lol.. if you have any financial letters you need to ask, just bring those. Bring a pen, will show that you are prepared, although they will offer you one to write your essay. I brought a copy of my resume, basically the stuff that I sent to them, but they never needed to see it. I think if you have a folder with a few papers in it, it will (might?) portray you as more 'business' like and prepared, that is always a plus. Remember you not only need to prove yourself to your interviewer, but also the lady at the admission's desk and anyone walking by, they will all be part of the review committee. lol.. making small talks with them while you're waiting for your interviewer (if you have to) is always a good thing, make them remember you, in a good, harmless way :laugh:

What is the essay like? How long do you have to write it?

What is the essay like? How long do you have to write it?

o, it's very easy. I forgot exactly, there are threads about it from when we were talking about it last week or you can go into the interview section of this forum and look at them. It was sthg like "talk about your favorite book, talk about your favorite movie and why, talk about a recent news in the healthcare..." sthg along those lines, they give you a page, they tell you to minimize it to that page, which you should, quality is better than quantity! but they allow you to run over to the back if you need to (i think), just look at the directions. The essay is piece of cake. I would bring a pencil and eraser as well as pen and white-out, i think they want you to use pencil, but I forgot. of course, grammar & spelling as well as making sense in your organizational flow, 5-paragraph essay is highly regarded.

Greatdeals 225:)

I have an interview at MCPHS -worceter soon, too!
but I am flying to Boston from Utah. I am thinking of taking a subway or train (whatever it is) to get to Worceter...I belive I get off at Union Station?? Is the school close to Union Station? or is there a better way to get there from the Boston airport?
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the school yesterday, and they told me that they have sent a bunch of invitation letters yesterady... So those who already applied will receive a good news soon!

i sent my application in on Oct 10. i'm missing 1 LOR., and it may take a few weeks i wonder if they would still give me an interview w/out it. what do you think?

Greatdeals 225:)

I have an interview at MCPHS -worceter soon, too!
but I am flying to Boston from Utah. I am thinking of taking a subway or train (whatever it is) to get to Worceter...I belive I get off at Union Station?? Is the school close to Union Station? or is there a better way to get there from the Boston airport?
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking the bus or commuter rail to Union Station would be the best way. The school is 2-3 blocks from it, I would say about 10-15 minutes walk, which is not too bad. I'm sure if you don' want to carry all your stuff and walk you can always call a cab. Good luck!

i sent my application in on Oct 10. i'm missing 1 LOR., and it may take a few weeks i wonder if they would still give me an interview w/out it. what do you think?

I really doubt it, but you can call and ask!

I don't think they will review your application unless it is complete, including the LORs.

Hi lalagirl,
I have also applied to the Worcester campus and am nervous too. Can you please tell me how long did it take them to send you the interview call. My file was complete last week and I wanted the interview call before Thanksgiving.
Thanks,
campharm

May I ask how long did it take between your sending the application and the letter for interview call
campharm

Well I sent out my application in August, but it was not complete until last monday, because I was waiting for some people to send in my LOR. I received a letter on monday (last week) saying that my application was complete. Then I received another letter in the mail on Wednesday (last week also) inviting me to an interview.

Hi lalagirl,
I have also applied to the Worcester campus and am nervous too. Can you please tell me how long did it take them to send you the interview call. My file was complete last week and I wanted the interview call before Thanksgiving.
Thanks,
campharm

They will send you a letter in the mail, not call you, so you know.

It won't take that long. Mine only took like two weeks after I got an invitation letter.. GOOd luck!

Hello - congratulations to everyone who received interview offers from Worcester :thumbup: Mine is next Monday. Any current Pharm students from there who would like to meet with me when I'm there?? I'd love to meet with you and pick your brain about the program - from a student's perspective. If you are a non-trad and are married/and/or have kids, that would even be better, but I'm not picky. I'm more interested in the program itself. Looking forward to some responses!

just got my interview letter today :) have to call tomorrow to schedule. What is the best airport to come through? thanks :love:

Thanks lalagirl.
Best luck for your interview

Thanks PharmDream,
I recieved a letter saying that the file is complete and under review so am waiting.
Best luck for your interview and do let us know how it went and the details.
campharm

What campus are you guys interviewing at?

i applied to worcester and i got a letter saying my file was complete and is under academic review. I got this letter on oct 17, do you guys think i will get an early interview or late one?

I dunno. My file was complete 10/15 and I got an interview 10/17

Thanks PharmDream,
I recieved a letter saying that the file is complete and under review so am waiting.
Best luck for your interview and do let us know how it went and the details.
campharm

Thanks, I will

Wow, that's awesome u guys get an interview. Good luck and let me how is the interview going? :)