MCPHS Manchester/Worcester VS KGI Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you choose KGI's new pharmacy school over MCPHS?

• MCPHS Manchester/Worcester

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • KGI Pharmacy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aero z

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been accepted into MCPHS Manchester/Worcester and KGI Pharmacy in Claremont CA. I really need someone's opinion of what school would you attend if you were in the same situation I am in right now!

Here are some facts about both schools.

MCPHS Manchester/Worcester:
- Accelerated 3 year around program
- Only break is winter break and a few days between semesters
- There are number of threads here on sd, with mixed reviews about MCPHS accelerated program, some good and some bad. I really don't want to fail any of my classes or fall behind.
- Weather is NOT california nice
- Will be cheaper because it's one year less
- Fully accredited

KGI Pharmacy
- It's a new school, so not fully accredited, but lets say they get candidate status, I don't think they will have problem obtaining accreditation once the first class graduates. ACPE only gives candidate status if they are very certain the school will be able to get accreditation.
- Easier than MCPHS and they focus on group/active learning which I don't know if it's beneficial or not for pharmacy student because there aren't many schools trying this out.
- Typical 4 year program
- I love Cali weather
- School is focused on Biotechnology which is an awesome approach and make students more ready if they desire to work for pharmaceutical companies which I want to do.

So if you were in my situation which school would you choose and why?

I really appreciate everyone's input. I have been thinking about which school to attend for almost a month and i cannot decide, it's too hard of a decision!

Thanks again,
Shaida

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which did you end up choosing. I'm sorry no one answered :/