Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

MCPHS & PCO Letters....

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by tnango, 12.04.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the OAT
  1. tnango

tnango

Pre-Optometry

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I called admissions for both recently and they told me that there is a letter being sent out for me... PCO said that it is a "checklist" and MCPHS just said letter.

Can I assume MCPHS is a rejection letter? I'm not sure what PCO's is though anyone received anything other than rejection (pre-interview) from PCO? :/ Trying to be mentally prepared when I see those tiny little envelopes haha
  2. Optomchick

Optomchick

MCPHS accepted everyone that applied last cycle.
  3. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake All Hail the Queen

Optometry Student
  4. fLuxe

fLuxe

Pre-Optometry
    Not necessarily. They could have accepted 445 applicants, of which 324 chose to go to a different school instead. Still seems like a high number, but still.
  5. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake All Hail the Queen

Optometry Student
    It still doesn't mean they "took everyone". IU had less applicants (if you look at the # who completed the supplementary app) than MCPHS and admitted around the same number (and they are an actual accredited program).
  6. xshinigami

xshinigami

Pre-Optometry
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I didn't apply to MCPHS, but for PCO I got the same checklist in the mail. PCO just tells you what they are missing from your application file. I was already invited for an interview and a week or so later I received the checklist.
  7. Optomchick

Optomchick

8. coloradosky

coloradosky

Optometry Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    No, the # of applicants are all those that added MCPHS on optomcas as one of the schools to send their application. It's very likely that some were accepted into another school and did not even attend the MCPHS interview.
  9. optometrygirl29

optometrygirl29

Optometry Student
    MCPHS just sent me a letter of rejection, i was told that if i was going to get an interview it would have been via email and same with PCO. PCO has been awfully silent, I have emailed 4x and called and get no response. Do you happen to know the best way to reach someone? I called admissions yesterday and all i got was a voicemail prompt which i didnt leave any msg bc i didnt think i would hear back
  10. optsuker

optsuker

Optometrist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    All this says is that that MCPHS has become the default "fall back" choice for applicants with poor academic numbers.

When your average OAT score for admitted applicants is below 300, you shouldn't be in existence.

In the near future, there are going to be 10 new grads for every job opening & I blame the non-optometry forces that have opened the new schools for profit, not to fill an unmet need.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal