MCPHS Worcester - Any students want to give a glimpse into the life at MCPHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxwhisper

xxwhisper
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I read over a bunch of threads about MCPHS Worcester, but they're all pretty old (2006-2010), so I was wondering if I could get some input from some current students.

Some stuff about me (you can skip straight to the next paragraph for some questions if you like): I'm applying for fall 2014; I just graduated this year with a Bachelor's in Health Science from Northeastern University's College of Professional Studies as a full time student while working an average of 32 hours a week. I'm used to accelerated courses, since the CPS runs on a quarter system instead of a semester system. My GPA (calculated by my school, not pharmcas) was 3.72. I have 3 years of pharmacy technician experience and currently work as one at CVS. I have not taken the PCATs, and don't plan to.

The majority of things I've heard about MCPHS Worcester has been negative, but only because people say there is too much work to do. I think I'd be able to handle it. Are there any current students who can provide some insight on other aspects of the school?

How long are you in classes during the day? I've heard there's tests twice a week; I'm prepared to study at home. Have you found that you have time for activities other than school (do you sleep?)? How do you like Worcester? I'm from right outside of Boston, but I've never been over there. Do you feel safe, bored, excited, etc.?

I had planned only to apply to MCPHS Worcester - staying in the Boston area is very important to me, but MCPHS Boston doesn't accept many people each year and I wanted to maximize my chances of getting in. I'm feeling a little discouraged since all I'm hearing is bad things. Can any current students give their opinions (good or bad)?

Thank you advance (and nice to meet you)!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I read over a bunch of threads about MCPHS Worcester, but they're all pretty old (2006-2010), so I was wondering if I could get some input from some current students.

Some stuff about me (you can skip straight to the next paragraph for some questions if you like): I'm applying for fall 2014; I just graduated this year with a Bachelor's in Health Science from Northeastern University's College of Professional Studies as a full time student while working an average of 32 hours a week. I'm used to accelerated courses, since the CPS runs on a quarter system instead of a semester system. My GPA (calculated by my school, not pharmcas) was 3.72. I have 3 years of pharmacy technician experience and currently work as one at CVS. I have not taken the PCATs, and don't plan to.

The majority of things I've heard about MCPHS Worcester has been negative, but only because people say there is too much work to do. I think I'd be able to handle it. Are there any current students who can provide some insight on other aspects of the school?

How long are you in classes during the day? I've heard there's tests twice a week; I'm prepared to study at home. Have you found that you have time for activities other than school (do you sleep?)? How do you like Worcester? I'm from right outside of Boston, but I've never been over there. Do you feel safe, bored, excited, etc.?

I had planned only to apply to MCPHS Worcester - staying in the Boston area is very important to me, but MCPHS Boston doesn't accept many people each year and I wanted to maximize my chances of getting in. I'm feeling a little discouraged since all I'm hearing is bad things. Can any current students give their opinions (good or bad)?

Thank you advance (and nice to meet you)!

I go to mcphs boston right now, and i am close with some of the admission counselors... u will definitely get into the boston campus if u apply. Most ppl that appy do not have a degree so ur already ahead there, also the avg gpa is 3.5 so ur more than good there... they look for ability to take on heavy workload so getting a 3.72 gpa while working 32 hrs a week as a pharm tech for three years is very good! I strongly encourage you to apply to the boston campus because it is much better than worcester. Idk what your reasons are to stay in boston but i can assure u that boston is better than the worcester campus... my cousin goes to the worcester campus and she hates it, mind u she is third in her class. The professors are far more helpful over here. Worcester is hard work and literally no play ( well very little) while u can work hard and still have fun in boston. No need to take pcats, ur stats are amazing. If you wanna double check what i said visit the admissions office over there. Ask them what u can do to improve ur application and just from their rxn you will know that you've met the requirements by far. Message me if you have any questions. I got the in on the boston campus... good luck!!!

Hey,

I will be applying to the Worcester campus. I wanna finish in 3 years and thats what the most important for me. Do you know how long the classes are in a typical day and how are the exams like..I mean routine wise?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I will be applying to the Worcester campus. I wanna finish in 3 years and thats what the most important for me. Do you know how long the classes are in a typical day and how are the exams like..I mean routine wise?

Thanks!

Check out the program curriculum on the mcphs website. There are tests every week at least one or two,and we have six finals in five days... so an average day consists of about 3-4 hours of lecture and 4-5 studying if u really wanna stay on top... if not u can get away with one hour of review and try to cram the night before.... by next year when both of us are accepted we will have the schedule! Good luck

How long does this school/program take to acknowledge receipt of one's pharmcas application.? Mine has not been acknowledged since submitted 0ctober 1.

How long does this school/program take to acknowledge receipt of one's pharmcas application.? Mine has not been acknowledged since submitted 0ctober 1.
They don't acknowledge receipt. Apparently you will receive correspondence via snail mail. Check your mailbox!