MCPHS WORCESTER PharmD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDream309

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
It may be too early to talk about applying for the fall 2014. However, Does anyone know when can we start submitting the application ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PharmCAS opens the application for the year on June.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone here apply for this school yet? It's a little early, but I'm so stressful

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

PCAT is not needed for MCPHS. I would apply, it wont hurt, get good rec letters and personal statement. Good luck!

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

Do you have BS/BA degree?

oh yeah one stat i missed BS in Kinesiology..thanks!

What are my chances?

B.A. in Biology-Psychology from Tufts University.

3.1 GPA

2.7 science GPA

No pharm experience.

I'm banking on the name of my undergraduate university.

I don't think a name of a university will salvage a 2.7 sGPA, but I say you should apply anyways! You'll never know! :) good luck!

Does anyone know when MCPHS Worcester starts interviews or Fall 2014 acceptance?

Hi everyone,
It might be too early to talk about applying for the fall 2014. However, Does anyone know when can we start submitting the application ?

HEY! thank you for starting this thread, i've been looking for others who are applying to MCP worcester... this is my #1 school due to time and location... What do you think my chances are? I have a 3.0 cumulative GPA, 2.85science GPA, Bachelors degree in Pharmaceutical Health Care Business (from MCPHS Boston!), over a 1000 volunteer hours, very little pharmacy experience but I never worked as a pharm tech. should I take the pcat to make up for my low GPA? I do have a valid medical reason that I'll explain in my personal statement but still should I take the pcat? How many of you are taking it in september or january???

Members don't see this ad :)

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

12 years of pharmacy is HUGE!!!!!! Your GPA is on the low side, but your experience makes up for it, honestly from looking at your stats and what i gathered from the admission counselors at mcphs you can get in if you nail the interview... I dont know how they feel about the pcat tho, I will ask them once I go there next month.... lets stay in touch. good luck to ya

I have a question, on Pharmcas when I select MCPHS Worcester, it said that "MCPHS policy does not allow students to apply to multiple campuses within the same academic year. You must select one campus only. If you select multiple campuses, your application process will be delayed as you will be contacted by an MCPHS representative asking that you select ONE CAMPUS ONLY. If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact the office of admission prior to submitting your application; your application fee for multiple campus designations will not be refunded."

does that mean I cant apply to multiple pharm school at different state?

What are my chances?

B.A. in Biology-Psychology from Tufts University.

3.1 GPA

2.7 science GPA

No pharm experience.

I'm banking on the name of my undergraduate university.

Ur GPA is decent, but you gotta have some kinda experience to boost ur resume... i've never worked as a pharm tech, but I have shadowed pharmacists, and I have assisted some in volunteer work... good news is they are accepting more ppl this year so that gpa alone could be enough to get you in... still dont bank on tufts, bank on ur extracurricular activities that show your leadership and ability to take on a heavy workload

I have a question, on Pharmcas when I select MCPHS Worcester, it said that "MCPHS policy does not allow students to apply to multiple campuses within the same academic year. You must select one campus only. If you select multiple campuses, your application process will be delayed as you will be contacted by an MCPHS representative asking that you select ONE CAMPUS ONLY. If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact the office of admission prior to submitting your application; your application fee for multiple campus designations will not be refunded."

does that mean I cant apply to multiple pharm school at different state?
MCPHS has 3 campuses: one in Boston, worcester, and Manchester. That message means you can only apply for one of those campuses.

HEY! thank you for starting this thread, i've been looking for others who are applying to MCP worcester... this is my #1 school due to time and location... What do you think my chances are? I have a 3.0 cumulative GPA, 2.85science GPA, Bachelors degree in Pharmaceutical Health Care Business (from MCPHS Boston!), over a 1000 volunteer hours, very little pharmacy experience but I never worked as a pharm tech. should I take the pcat to make up for my low GPA? I do have a valid medical reason that I'll explain in my personal statement but still should I take the pcat? How many of you are taking it in september or january???
Everything look good for you. You have the BA degree from MCPHS boston, which will help a lot. I don't know what your chances are because this is the first time I apply too.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if having a degree is favorable when applying to MCPHS? I have around 3.3 sGPA with 97 Pcat composite score with a bit of pharmacy volunteering experience (but have lots of other volunteering/teaching experience). This school really appeals me because of its 3 year program and location. (and price is also okayish) I appreciate if anybody can reply to my questions!! :)

Does anybody know if having a degree is favorable when applying to MCPHS? I have around 3.3 sGPA with 97 Pcat composite score with a bit of pharmacy volunteering experience (but have lots of other volunteering/teaching experience). This school really appeals me because of its 3 year program and location. (and price is also okayish) I appreciate if anybody can reply to my questions!! :)

Yes!!!!! Having a degree most definitely helps.... ur in for sure with those stats... can i ask u how long u studied for the pcat? I plan on taking it in january so i have 3-4 months study time. Is that enough?

Yes!!!!! Having a degree most definitely helps.... ur in for sure with those stats... can i ask u how long u studied for the pcat? I plan on taking it in january so i have 3-4 months study time. Is that enough?

Thank you so much for the reply! I took my pcat last month and I studied for almost two months. I mainly used Kaplan blue book (this year edition), bought all the pearson practice tests (which helps a lot in my opinion), and some powerpoint lectures that were used in my university classes. You have plenty of time but it will be during the school year, so you have to manage your time well. Also, studying for pcat was relatively easier for me as I have taken all the pre-requisites before.

Thank you so much for the reply! I took my pcat last month and I studied for almost two months. I mainly used Kaplan blue book (this year edition), bought all the pearson practice tests (which helps a lot in my opinion), and some powerpoint lectures that were used in my university classes. You have plenty of time but it will be during the school year, so you have to manage your time well. Also, studying for pcat was relatively easier for me as I have taken all the pre-requisites before.

No problem.... we're all anxious and looking for ways to better our applications. Good luck to ya kyo. Lets keep in touch on this SDN. Did u come across any "secret tips" or shortcuts for the PCAT that would save time studying? Also was it your first time taking the test when u esrned a 97%? I am not resdy for september so im taking it in January

I dont think you need sweat on PCAT scores if you are applying to MCPHS. Good stats and some experience may alone do the trick.

Can you or anyone reading this tell me sth about the personal statement. As in, I wanna explain some of my personal circumstances in the personal statement-like why my BSc GPA was low (2.82, which I took from the UK btw) ? Is it appropriate to try getting them empathetic?

I dont think you need sweat on PCAT scores if you are applying to MCPHS. Good stats and some experience may alone do the trick.

Can you or anyone reading this tell me sth about the personal statement. As in, I wanna explain some of my personal circumstances in the personal statement-like why my BSc GPA was low (2.82, which I took from the UK btw) ? Is it appropriate to try getting them empathetic?

No its not appropriate. I do not mean to be heartless about whatever you went through but its better to say despite these setbacks ibovercame it and reached this goal or that goal. An upward trend in gpa helps in a way that u can say that the setbacks occured before that or if your gpa was higher and decreased towards the end u can say that this happened then.... in my case i have a medical reason and since i go to mcphs boston the admission counselors know about it. Despite that they told me that i need to show improvements because if you go to ur interview and blame ur low gpa ENTIRELY on that then they will either think u are not physically ready or academically incapable of taking on their workload. I will give u more info on exactly what they look for in a personal statement once i start school again... keep in touch n good luck. Hooe this helps

But thats for those who applied for early decision... the rest of us will hear back from them by late february or march
No early decision for this school....and I know some people got the acceptance around November and December

No early decision for this school....and I know some people got the acceptance around November and December

My bad early decision is a highschool term. I meant applying early (i.e: june to September) which is why some of those ppl received their acceptance in December. Did u apply already? If not what are you or anyone else doing to improve your application?

My bad early decision is a highschool term. I meant applying early (i.e: june to September) which is why some of those ppl received their acceptance in December. Did u apply already? If not what are you or anyone else doing to improve your application?

has anyone applied yet??? if so please let me know how long it takes them to calculate the pharmcas gpa and please please keep everyone updated if u hear back from them.... thanks!

Got the interview invite letter on Saturday. I have to wait until Tuesday to call to make the schedule for the interview. I'm so excited and worried at the same time. Hope for the best:luck:

Got the interview invite letter on Saturday. I have to wait until Tuesday to call to make the schedule for the interview. I'm so excited and worried at the same time. Hope for the best:luck:

DUDE!!!!!! Congrats!!! Ur almost in... good luck on the interview and please follow up on how everything went down please! When is ur interview?

Congrats Pharmdream! You're half way there. I'm also applying to the worcester campus I'm waiting on my last two LOR's and then I can submit to pharmcas. What are your stats??

Thanks guys!! I don't know my interview schedule yet. I will call them tomorrow to find out. I will let you guys know if anything. About my stats, it's not so special. I don't have any pharmacy experience, no BS/BA yet. I have AS degree in Accounting. My overall GPA 3.79, prerequisite gpa 3.9, science and math 3.97. However, I still have 5 more prerequisite courses left, so they may drop down a little when I finish. I took most of my courses at CC and English is my second language. This may hurt my chance to get in. I'm worry :scared:

Nonsense u have a great GPA that shows good work ethic. Be confident and know why u want to be a pharmacist... there are practice interview questions online so use some of them... good luck man ur right there to get ur seat!

I just called to make the schedule for the interview. They said the first interview schedule is on October 1st. I have school on the day, so I scheduled it on Friday Oct 4. A month from now...it's way too far :thumbdown:

Hey, you share the same GPA as mine..you'll be fine trust me. English is not my second language either and I will still have the Spring semester remaining to complete my prerequisites. Just stay motivated..Let us know how ur interview goes. You're almost in :)

Thanks! I hope I won't be too nervous since this is the first interview that I have in my life lol. BTW, I'm a girl :)

Haha sorry about that beautiful lady ... what's ur first language? French? Im sure u will be fine regardless. Ur GPA is amazing! One question: how do u plan on explaining why you have an associate degree in accounting and then switched to pharmacy? I have a similar issue since im going from bachelor's in healthcare business to pharmacy... if anyone else knows a good segway feel free to chime in...

My first language is Vietnamese. I just came here 4 years ago. I will just tell them the truth. To be honest, I wanted to be a pharmacist when i first came here. I think my English was not good enough, so i chose something that relate to math. After 2 years of studying accounting, I realized that I don't like it. I don't think that I will be happy with it. Therefore, I think that I should follow my dream no matter how hard it is. I just changed my mind 8 months ago haha.
I think everybody have different reason. In my opinion, just tell them the truth.

Thanks! I will do that, honesty is always best.... I just found out that 3 of my classes were cancelled so my hopeful 3.0 gpa just went down to a 2.77 cumulative gpa... I am praying that they waitlist me at this point.

Haha sorry about that beautiful lady ... what's ur first language? French? Im sure u will be fine regardless. Ur GPA is amazing! One question: how do u plan on explaining why you have an associate degree in accounting and then switched to pharmacy? I have a similar issue since im going from bachelor's in healthcare business to pharmacy... if anyone else knows a good segway feel free to chime in...

To explain a transition I would use your pharmacy experience. Explain that until you worked in a pharmacy you really did'nt know your ultimate career path. Once you gained some pharmacy experience this solidified your desire to pursue pharmacy. Of course this will only work if you have some experience.

Did your GPA calculation go up or down when submitted to pharmcas??

Hey guys. Was it hard to get in contact with the person you're supposed to schedule an interview with? I called and left a message but haven't heard back. I don't want to clog their phone lines by calling every few minutes. It's making me nervous!!

Hey guys. Was it hard to get in contact with the person you're supposed to schedule an interview with? I called and left a message but haven't heard back. I don't want to clog their phone lines by calling every few minutes. It's making me nervous!!

Did you get back from Kate yet? Maybe she is not in the office by the time you called. I'm sure she will call you back soon. Let us know when is your interview.

I called in the morning and the afternoon and left a message in the morning. I'll try leaving a message again tomorrow morning. I hope my message was clear. I was somewhat nervous while leaving that message hehe

I called in the morning and the afternoon and left a message in the morning. I'll try leaving a message again tomorrow morning. I hope my message was clear. I was somewhat nervous while leaving that message hehe

Maybe you should call early in the morning around 30mins after they open. That was what I did. What was the date on the letter? Mine was 8/29. You are not alone. I was nervous when I called to make schedule too haha

Maybe you should call early in the morning around 30mins after they open. That was what I did. What was the date on the letter? Mine was 8/29. You are not alone. I was nervous when I called to make schedule too haha

Yeah that's a good idea. Mine is the same date too, but I barely found out about it today because of mailing issues. I want to schedule mine soon because it says first come first serve!:eek:

Also when do they open? I can't find the hours. I am living in PST times.

I called 8:30 local time. I live next to school, so I got the mail in 1 day after they sent out :) they told me they will start interviewing on Oct 1st. Just want to let you know so you can plan your day before calling them . Good luck!

First off congratulations! Do you mind sharing the stats that got u this interview invite? And I would call after their lunch break just because from personal experience thats when they've always picked up. So 1-2 pm