Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

del

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wanted to find out if anyone has an interview scheduled coz i have one nov.15

Members don't see this ad.

when did you get notified? was in via email or snail mail?

congrats btw!

Congrats on the invite! I'm still waiting to hear from them. What are your stats by the way, if you don't mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you finish your application? On which date? I got interview call last yr within 7 days of finishing my application. but this year, I finished my PharmCas just tody, so let me know. And please write your stat, everyone.

wow... as soon as nov 15, on the other thread, someone else had an interview for oct 29th... when you get your notice what are the choices of dates for interview ?

are you from that area ? or are you flying in from somewhere else ??

i'm from California ... so .... if i do get an interview... i've gotta start planning for a trip ...

:)

good luck on your interview though. ...

peace

sorry my interview is actually Oct.24. I recved a letter in the mail to call..I was told they started interviews this week coz they asked me to choose any date frm oct.20...was confused coz i have one at U.of Appalachia Nov.15...my stats are
Sci GPA-3.5
Overall GPA-3.69
pharmacy experience
volunteer coordinator
senior-Bio MAJOR
I submitted my pharmcas at the end of august

If you flying from california...fly to providence airport-rhdisland, because boston and providence both are same distance, but u will find cheaper rates.

sorry my interview is actually Oct.24. I recved a letter in the mail to call..I was told they started interviews this week coz they asked me to choose any date frm oct.20...was confused coz i have one at U.of Appalachia Nov.15...my stats are
Sci GPA-3.5
Overall GPA-3.69
pharmacy experience
volunteer coordinator
senior-Bio MAJOR

I thnk you will be fine. good luck.

:scared::scared::scared: I haven't heard from them yet. I'm worried :(

They told me that English is not my native language?? I wasn't born here but I'm US citizen with BS Degree and upcoming MS Degree. The school I went to is completely English, totally. Anybody got exempted with Toefl? It's a waste of money to take it...any feedback?

They told me that English is not my native language?? I wasn't born here but I'm US citizen with BS Degree and upcoming MS Degree. The school I went to is completely English, totally. Anybody got exempted with Toefl? It's a waste of money to take it...any feedback?

I emailed them about Toefl and they said everyone who states that his/her native language is not English needs to write toefl exam...but it can be waived by letting them know why
Let me know if u know more

They actually mentioned that if you will be having a BS degree (before the program starts) or have a BS degree from an American institution you can send a letter requesting to waive your Toefl. Then, the admissions committee will decide whether they will exempt you or not. I hope this helps.

They actually mentioned that if you will be having a BS degree (before the program starts) or have a BS degree from an American institution you can send a letter requesting to waive your Toefl. Then, the admissions committee will decide whether they will exempt you or not. I hope this helps.

What if I don't have BS before program starts and still want to waive Toefl?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that's quite a different story. You should try and contact them. i'm not a pro in this. Maybe, there's a possibility that they'd waive it for you. It is a requirement of the school to take Toefl if English is not their native language. In my case, if I am not eligible for waiver I really don't mind taking it since it's really easy if you have no problem with English. I just think it's a hassle paying for it and wasting time taking it when you know you'd pass it anyway. Goodluck!

Hi, I am new here and just saw this post.
I am also applying to worcester MCPHS but I don't know if I need to take TOFEL or not?
I am an international student and attending an College in US, will be getting my BA degree before the program starts. In that case, do you think i am eligible for wavier?
So other pharmacy schools state that, even english is your second language, as long as you take english composition in US or will have your Bachelor degree, you will be exempt from TOFEL.
Does anyone know??

congrats, on the invite. I applied for it, but i havent heard from them yet ;(

congrats, on the invite. I applied for it, but i havent heard from them yet ;(

You're from California, right? Maybe it takes longer for it get here on the West Coast.

I haven't heard anything from them still. :( Hopefully tomorrow... Ah, this is so nerve-racking!!

I agree!!!!!!! Every night, I'm like the faster I go to sleep the faster I can check the mail in the afternoon! lol

Nothing from them yet. I'm hoping I'm competitive with a 3.76 math&sci and 3.76 cumulative, expecting a bachelors in nursing this May.
Submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental in September, got email confirmation Oct 7.

Hey everyone!

I sent in my PharmCAS and supp at the end of August. I got an interview invite on 10/17, and have an interview 10/29. My pre-pharm GPA is 3.76 (Science/Math - 3.70).

Here's the kicker, though. I have hospital volunteer experience, but no specific pharm experience. I also was a Philosophy major and German Studies major as an undergrad and have been taking post-bacc classes in science for a few years now. SO...any of you with even a bit of pharm or science experience probably shouldn't worry, because if they gave ME an interview, you should be set!

Also, I sent in my application WICKED (Yes, I'm from New England) early. They say they're swamped...have hope!

:luck::luck:

Hey guys I just checked a book about pharmacy (kaplan ; get into pharmacy school). It mentioned that MCPHS-Worcester has an acceptance rate of 29.4% ?? How true is this?

hey guys, congrats and good luck to those who got an interview!
when u schedule your interview how many dates are available?
i also got an interview and i need help with the trip planning to worcester. Thank you!!

When is your interview ycamrahp12?
I talked to Kate and I told her that I wanted the earliest interview date available and she told me Nov 3, so I took.
As far as traveling, if you stay at the Hilton its only $99 because we get a discount if we tell them the purpose of our trip is to go interview at the pharm school, Also if you go to the mass public transportation website, you can enter in a starting and ending destination and they will show u what trains to get on and what time in order to make it to worcester. The train doesnt go all the way into worcester so you will have to catch a cab for about 17miles.

Oh yeah the Hilton is only 1min from the school so yeah!!

Hope that helps, Good luck & PM me if you need for help!

hi DeterminedGal09, I haven't scheduled my interview yet, not until tomorrow. I'm traveling from california so I need more time to plan the trip. Do you know how far is from Providence,RI to worcester?

thank you for ur help!!!!

Um I'm really not for sure but I would fly into Boston because I dont think the Mass Train system runs through RI. I could be wrong, but if you are renting a car then flying into RI probably would be cheaper, considering its probably a smaller ariport. I am flying from ATL to Boston and my plane ticket was $300 lol! But I only bought mine about a week in advance. Let me know the date in which you schedule your interview, remember the earlier you interview the better your chances are ! Good Luck

Congratulations BlacJaguar,
Hope everything goes well and please do try to remember a few of the essays so yo u can post it here.
Thanks
Campharm

I have only a couple universities in hand and MCPH is one am counting on big time this year. I applied way before time, but havnt heard anything from them yet. I am thinking may be cuz i have a lot of credits to go for.. they gave me a list of 34 credits i need to work on and am half way. hoping to get an interview after dec maybe...

Nothing from them yet. I'm hoping I'm competitive with a 3.76 math&sci and 3.76 cumulative, expecting a bachelors in nursing this May.
Submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental in September, got email confirmation Oct 7.

what do you mean by confirmation email? I submitted my pharmcas and suppl but haven't received any confirmation from them. Did everyone also receive their confirmation as well? Now I'm really anxious :scared::scared:

what do you mean by confirmation email? I submitted my pharmcas and suppl but haven't received any confirmation from them. Did everyone also receive their confirmation as well? Now I'm really anxious :scared::scared:

I got a confirmation email three weeks after I submitted my PharmCAS and supplemental essay. It basically just said something like "file is complete...thank you for your interest in MCPHS". Don't let yourself get too anxious, I've been sooooo anxious after hearing about all these people getting interviews...still waiting on that letter :scared:

hi, Determinedgal n ycMARh ...whts ur stat by the way, n do u hv any BS degree?

Last edited:

Yeah, mine sat in my junk mail folder for a while. Your email might have just been filtered out.

Anybody have any interview tips? Mine is tomorrow morning...gah!:scared:

I know other people not on the forum who haven't heard anything yet...keep hope! :luck:

[]Yeah, mine sat in my junk mail folder for a while. Your email might have just been filtered out.

Anybody have any interview tips? Mine is tomorrow morning...gah!:scared:

I know other people not on the forum who haven't heard anything yet...keep hope! :luck:[/quote]

Hi, I had interview thr last yr, but i got rejection because of my missing classes. Its pretty cool, don't worry abt it. One professor will show you the campus and dorm. then will ask you questions. she didn't ask me a question abt pharmacy but was just a conversation so i can't help with questions. Good luck

Last edited:
Hi, I had interview thr last yr, but i got rejection because of my missing classes. Its pretty cool, don't worry abt it. One professor will show you the campus and dorm. then will ask you questions. she didn't ask me a question abt pharmacy but was just a conversation so i can't help with questions. Good luck

Thank you very much! From what I hear, it's very casual. We'll see!!!:scared::scared::scared::scared:

I'll let you guys know how nerve-wracking it is tomorrow! :luck:

Ok, so! I signed a form stating I wouldn't disclose anything about the interview process. I will say, though, that everyone was SUPER nice and my nervousness went away in about .2 seconds after I met everyone. Nothing is overwhelming. Just BE YOURSELF! It seems like a great place. The students are VERY diverse - and I don't just mean ethnicity...I also mean race, age, culture, personality...

:luck: Good Luck everyone! :luck:

I heard that they have a new computer system, so it's taking longer for everything to be processed this year. They've only reviewed a small batch, so no worries!!!

Hello Everyone,
I sent out my application sometime in August and I have an interview scheduled for this Friday. I'm a bit nervous but I think I'm well prepared. The best thing to do is review some of the related topics and read some interview feedback at this link. http://more.studentdoctor.net/schools.php?mode=1&id=270

Other than that I would read over the student handbook and website and pose questions pertaining to student life, financial aid, or the program itself.

I have also heard many rumors about this school throughout Student Doctor. For instance, high drop out rate, horrible teachers due to inexperience, etc.... Anyway my two cents is this..... Its an accelerated program designed for people who are fast pace workers... It seems to me that most of the negative feed back for this school/program is referring to a therapeutics which I believe is a pass or fail class. Point being that this program is fairly new and is most likely undergoing changes... Every school has classes like this MCPHS is just more stressful b/c it is accelerated. So don't become discouraged by some opinions... Visit the school and see for yourself what the atmosphere is like, how the students are, and possibly address questions pertaining rumors regarding therapeutic class.. Hope my info and insight help some of you...
Pharm tech for 5 yrs
Research in pharmaceuticals involving antifungal medications.
Bachelors in Biology in May 2009

Seriously, I really wish therapeutics was pass/fail.. it's the class worth the most credits throughout your entire pharmacy career!

Hello Everyone,
It seems to me that most of the negative feed back for this school/program is referring to a therapeutics which I believe is a pass or fail class. Point being that this program is fairly new and is most likely undergoing changes...

Sci GPA-3.5
Overall GPA-3.69
pharmacy experience
volunteer coordinator
senior-Bio MAJOR

Any news from MCPHS or not yet? They should inform u within a wk.

Hey guys I just checked a book about pharmacy (kaplan ; get into pharmacy school). It mentioned that MCPHS-Worcester has an acceptance rate of 29.4% ?? How true is this?

It is actually 11% acceptance rate for 2008 (2000+ applicants for 220 spots, including Worcester and Manchester). That is what they told our class. The website still says 20% for 2007.

hi DeterminedGal09, I haven't scheduled my interview yet, not until tomorrow. I'm traveling from california so I need more time to plan the trip. Do you know how far is from Providence,RI to worcester?

thank you for ur help!!!!

We have someone who drives from Providece to school everyday, I think it takes her about an hour. You can also fly in to Springfield, MA (about an hour drive), and Bradley airport in Hartford, CT (about an hour and a half-I drive it every day, if you need directions PM me.)

I have only a couple universities in hand and MCPH is one am counting on big time this year. I applied way before time, but havnt heard anything from them yet. I am thinking may be cuz i have a lot of credits to go for.. they gave me a list of 34 credits i need to work on and am half way. hoping to get an interview after dec maybe...

When I applied early last year I still had alot of classes to go. They sent me a letter putting me on hold for Fall grades, then another after I submitted them telling me they were reviewing my app. I had each of my professors mail them letters stating my grades from midterm (even though you don't need to) just to remind them I was alive and not to forget about me:) Get your fall transcripts there ASAP.

It is actually 11% acceptance rate for 2008 (2000+ applicants for 220 spots, including Worcester and Manchester). That is what they told our class. The website still says 20% for 2007.

yea, because the worcester/manchester program opened up PharmCas this year, so they are getting WAY more applications than the years before.

They are planning to build new auditoriums in order to be able to increase the class size...

For those of you who are coming for interviews and are flying. I'd say Boston Logan Airport (BOS) would be the best way if you don't want to, can't, or don't plan to drive to campus. From Logan airport you can take the Silver Line bus to South Station, where you can take the commuter rail or Peter Pan Bus and it takes you at Union Station.. about 5 minutes walk from our campus.

For all of you with 'letters', did anyone apply in mid-September? Reason I ask is cuz i submitted PharmCAS in early Sept and my supplemental on Sept 19. I have a 3.76 math/sci GPA, 3.76 cumulative and a bachelors in nursing on deck.

I've heard nothing...I thought these kinda stats would be competitive? :(

Maybe you can call them to follow up.. sometimes things get lost via postal mail...

For all of you with 'letters', did anyone apply in mid-September? Reason I ask is cuz i submitted PharmCAS in early Sept and my supplemental on Sept 19. I have a 3.76 math/sci GPA, 3.76 cumulative and a bachelors in nursing on deck.

Wait...there are many students like u , who had applied in mid sept.. My frnd n I have applied in sep. n october with abt same gpa.
Their system is kinda a slow this time.

I had an interview last week and I sent in my PharmCAS and supplemental in late August. I heard in admissions that they had only interviewed a couple people before me. Their new system is definitely slower this year. You may have quite a few more weeks, still.

I had an interview last week and I sent in my PharmCAS and supplemental in late August. I heard in admissions that they had only interviewed a couple people before me. Their new system is definitely slower this year. You may have quite a few more weeks, still.

Do you have numbers on how many they interview? How many they are planning to interview per day/ per week? What do you think about the curriculum?