MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied here both through PharmCas and Supplemental Application. They sent me an e-mail saying they received my supplemental application and boom thats it haven't heart from them since. I applied around 12/24 and they haven't sent me any email besides the confirmation that they received my supplemental application. I applied to other schools and have a ton of interviews coming up but I'm really interested in this school. I sent them an e-mail asking about my application status but they didn't reply to that either. I am just wondering if they are not interested in you they just completely ignore you? Do they send an e-mail saying atleast you got rejected or something?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied here both through PharmCas and Supplemental Application. They sent me an e-mail saying they received my supplemental application and boom thats it haven't heart from them since. I applied around 12/24 and they haven't sent me any email besides the confirmation that they received my supplemental application. I applied to other schools and have a ton of interviews coming up but I'm really interested in this school. I sent them an e-mail asking about my application status but they didn't reply to that either. I am just wondering if they are not interested in you they just completely ignore you? Do they send an e-mail saying atleast you got rejected or something?

Have you tried calling them directly? It didn't take all that long after I submitted my supplemental for them to reach me. PharmCAS sent out a notice today saying MCPHS is extending their deadline to March 1, so there's still plenty of time for them to contact you. Good luck! :)

I heard from admission that there are a lot of seats still available

Members don't see this ad :)
I am leaning towards off campus housing, if there are any females interested in off campus housing as well let me know! hit me up! i have some places in mind and am continuing my search! def would love roommates! who are fun outgoing, studious and chill!

Hey guys, just got accepted!!!! I interviewed on January 26th, was accepted on the 30th, and I just got my letter today in the morning. Good luck to all the future interviewers, do not stress about the interview at all, it's really laid back, you guys will do fine!!

Hi Sigmaman,
Thank you so much for your input; it is invaluable to us newbies. I am wondering whether we can be friend and whether you have old exams :D. Peace.
Hi do you happen to have any? I have applied for fall 2012 and was wondering if I get accepted could I probably use the material?

Hey guys, just got accepted!!!! I interviewed on January 26th, was accepted on the 30th, and I just got my letter today in the morning. Good luck to all the future interviewers, do not stress about the interview at all, it's really laid back, you guys will do fine!!
Grads

hey there are you on the unoffical facebook page?

I am leaning towards off campus housing, if there are any females interested in off campus housing as well let me know! hit me up! i have some places in mind and am continuing my search! def would love roommates! who are fun outgoing, studious and chill!
are you on the unoffical facebook page?!?!

Does anyone know why there're still a lot of empty seats available for this school? I don't think it's due to not many people applying as I heard MCPHS received the 2nd most applications among all pharmacy schools in the country this year. Is it because they have made the admission stricter this year? what are they going to do with the empty seats if they don't find enough qualified students?

Does anyone know why there're still a lot of empty seats available for this school? I don't think it's due to not many people applying as I heard MCPHS received the 2nd most applications among all pharmacy schools in the country this year. Is it because they have made the admission stricter this year? what are they going to do with the empty seats if they don't find enough qualified students?

I am not sure either, maybe they are having a larger pool of waitlist to pick from later on.

Members don't see this ad :)
After your application has been sent through PhacmCAS, how long did it take for you guys to get an interview invite in the mail from MCPHS?

How do you know that MCPHS received 2nd most applications this year? Is there a statistics website or something that I can look into for this kind of info? Thanks! :)

Hey guys, where can we find out how many applications MCPHS has received this year? Just to get an idea of where we stand. Thanks!

And to those who are accepted, we have one month to pay the deposit, which means we need to decide on housing plans too. Are all of you choosing on-campus or off-campus housing? Which is a better option, financially, and overall?

finanically over all,,, off campuS! its actually a lot better i have heard and done a lot of research :- ),,, you get the same deal, same exam schedule , and also still get to meet and mingle with friends and plus your off campus as well so thats also good. you are not in schoOL 24/7

And to those who are accepted, we have one month to pay the deposit, which means we need to decide on housing plans too. Are all of you choosing on-campus or off-campus housing? Which is a better option, financially, and overall?

it seems like you can have your own room at lincoln square for about $680/mo, and on-campus for about $900/mo. Considering how all utilities and furniture are included, isn't that a good rate? I'm out of state and do not plan to bring any furniture... to any current students at MCPHS, what's a better option: lincoln square or borysek? so confused o_o

After your application has been sent through PhacmCAS, how long did it take for you guys to get an interview invite in the mail from MCPHS?

Can some of you who have been accepted/received interview help me out.
PharmCAS mailed my app on 1/23 and i haven't heard anything yet from MCPHS. How long does it typically take for them to send out a letter?

Can some of you who have been accepted/received interview help me out.
PharmCAS mailed my app on 1/23 and i haven't heard anything yet from MCPHS. How long does it typically take for them to send out a letter?

Same here. PharmCAS mailed my app on 1/30 and I submitted the supplemental app on 2/1. I haven't received any mail/email from them yet except for the email saying they received my supplemental app. I called the admission office and asked about my app status, but they said i'll receive regular mail in next couple of weeks... It looks like some ppl are getting the mail pretty fast n some ppl dont...........

Same here. PharmCAS mailed my app on 1/30 and I submitted the supplemental app on 2/1. I haven't received any mail/email from them yet except for the email saying they received my supplemental app. I called the admission office and asked about my app status, but they said i'll receive regular mail in next couple of weeks... It looks like some ppl are getting the mail pretty fast n some ppl dont...........

Hey. I just got a letter from them today requesting an interview!! You should be getting yours soon
PharmCAS app mailed date: 1/23/2012
Supplemental app submitted: 12/30/2011

Hey. I just got a letter from them today requesting an interview!! You should be getting yours soon
PharmCAS app mailed date: 1/23/2012
Supplemental app submitted: 12/30/2011

congratz! good luck on your interview!
i guess i have to wait on mine for another week........

Wow...I made it. I am so happy to receive my acceptance letter today for MCPHS Worcester. Amazing!!!
I had an my interview on 3rd Feb and received acceptance letter today. So thankful to all and god.
Good luck to all my mate!!

Yessssss, Thank God! Interviewed on Feb 6 and got my acceptance letter today. What a relief!! It was the waiting that was about to kill me! Wish you the best all.

Wow...I made it. I am so happy to receive my acceptance letter today for MCPHS Worcester. Amazing!!!
I had an my interview on 3rd Feb and received acceptance letter today. So thankful to all and god.
Good luck to all my mate!!

Yessssss, Thank God! Interviewed on Feb 6 and got my acceptance letter today. What a relief!! It was the waiting that was about to kill me! Wish you the best all.

Congrats guys!!
Are there set dates for an interview? or can you pick any day?

There are no set dates but u have to discuss with them. Dates are pretty open. You will get by your choice

Just scheduled my interview for 3/6
How long does it typically take?

Also, What do you guys think about just renting a car then driving to MCPHS from Logan Airport?
It seems to be the best and cheapest way. If you have your own car you can stay at the red roof inn which is $60/night and you dont have to worry about bus/train/taxi costs

Also, What do you guys think about just renting a car then driving to MCPHS from Logan Airport?
It seems to be the best and cheapest way. If you have your own car you can stay at the red roof inn which is $60/night and you dont have to worry about bus/train/taxi costs
The interview itself is approximately 30 minutes. The entire process will take about 2 hours. I rented a car (Enterprise) at Logan Airport for less than 20 bucks + Insurance + GPS + taxes... less than 50 bucks and drove to Worcester. It is the most convenient way to get to Worcester. :)

Yes, rental car is the best option. I rented car from logan and stayed in days inn 7 miles before worcester. It was most convenient fro me.

I interviewed on 01/25 and got accepted today! I'm still waiting on other schools though. Does anyone know if you can do all your rotations in a different state your third year at MCPHS?

www.pharmacyportal.org

pharmacyportal.org is a website owned and maintained by an incoming MCPHS Worcester Class of 2015 student. It has forum for the 2015 class and lots of important information. We highly encourage incoming Worcester students as well as seniors to register and publish articles and get up to date information.

Did you join the unofficial facebook group yet?

Hey guys, finally found the MCPHS Worcester thread. I have a Bachelors and am currently enrolled in school taking the remaining accelerated pre-pharmacy coursework...Wanted to know about this school...I've heard great things and I've also heard horror stories....all through the grapevine, I don't actually know anyone who attends this campus...I will be set to apply at the end of the year for start date Sept '13...I wanted to know how much working in the field is looked at during the admission process? I have a GPA in the low 3's but I have experience working in a retail pharmacy, I currently work at a hospital pharmacy, and I have my NYS PharmTech license. I'd imagine this would help...but how much weight should I put on it?? Thanks for any feedback!

just had my interview 2/13 morning. Waiting for the reply is driving me crazy!!! :scared:

I'm not at a state where I can thoroughly browse the SDN forums, so I'm going to ask the following: Has any accepted students been offered on-campus housing yet?

Yes, it's on a first come, first serve basis.

wow, you scheduled your interview right on my 22nd birthday ~~~ wish you super luck :love:

What I did was a super low budget option. Bought a week unlimited pass for $15 took the (T) from airport station to the Hostel in Boston (~$40 a night). Explore boston for a couple days, then took the Commuter rail from Back Bay Station to Worcester the morning of the interview. ($15.50 round trip) taking the bus/train/subway isnt that bad, there's free wifi on the commuter rail.

Just got accepted

Had my interview on 2/13/12, my acceptance letter was dated on 2/14/12. Received in the mail on 2/17/12

time to cancel all my other interviews :D

To JohnnyPharmD...

What kind of horror stories ?!?!

why do people apply to the worchester campus instead of the boston campus? although it is a 3 year program vs. a 4 year program, the tuition is essentially the same . 40,000/yr for worchester and 30,000 yr for boston. don't people enjoy having summers off?

why do people apply to the worchester campus instead of the boston campus? although it is a 3 year program vs. a 4 year program, the tuition is essentially the same . 40,000/yr for worchester and 30,000 yr for boston. don't people enjoy having summers off?

some people wanted to get out earlier and just get it over with i guess. personally i rather have a 4 year program.

you would have to pay for housing for another year with a 4year program. interest also builds up another year as well. so in the long run it cost more. that's why I chose an accelerated program

that is so true. but the way i look at it is that the 3 year program for me.....might be too intense. like i won't have the ability to ENJOY pharmacy school.....it might just be workworkwork. Although people who might choose the 4 year program, might owe more, in the end....is it worth sacrificing the fun experiences we could have in a 4 year program?

Hey guys, for anyone who has been accepted please join the facebook group, "http://www.facebook.com/groups/224989787578853"

Once you submit your request to join, go to members of the group, then look for the "admin" " (Mohammad Malik) and send me a message on my facebook with your sdn user name so that I can verify you from your posts and allow you to join.