MCPHS (Worcester)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance letter today... Interviewed on the 24th of March, letter sent on the 26th of March, mail received on the 27th of March. Hallelujah!!
Congratulation! Where do you live? Close to Mass I assume.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance letter today... Interviewed on the 24th of March, letter sent on the 26th of March, mail received on the 27th of March. Hallelujah!!

That was fast! where do you live? my interview was the 23rd.Haven't received anything yet...:(

I interviewed on 21st and still have not received anything...I live in Albany.. I think I probably got rejected.. it seems like if they want you, they send out the acceptance letter right away.. :$.. maybe i am just being negative..

Members don't see this ad :)
don't lose hope! it might just be because you live farther away

GOT ACCEPTED!!! :D Got the package int h mail today!!! Was interviewed on Friday 23rd. The letter is dated th 26th. I was freaking out why I haven't got it yet since everyone is getting it in 2 days! I guess it takes longer to get to Chicago! :D
I will be attending! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Now what kinda room is everyone go for? I remember when I was there I met with my adviser and she told me all the ones with the common area is full, I might have to get the one that is private room with no kitchen. I thought those private ones would be more expensive but she said no the ones with kitchne and common areas is more expensive and more demanding, that's why they are full....Well what you guys think?? how about looking for apartments out side on our own?would that be more expensive that what the school is offering? would our loan cover housing expenses outside of the school residency options? please help...Need to know what are other students do that has worked for them or going to work.

GOT ACCEPTED!!! :D Got the package int h mail today!!! Was interviewed on Friday 23rd. The letter is dated th 26th. I was freaking out why I haven't got it yet since everyone is getting it in 2 days! I guess it takes longer to get to Chicago! :D
I will be attending! Can't wait to meet you guys!

Now what kinda room is everyone go for? I remember when I was there I met with my adviser and she told me all the ones with the common area is full, I might have to get the one that is private room with no kitchen. I thought those private ones would be more expensive but she said no the ones with kitchne and common areas is more expensive and more demanding, that's why they are full....Well what you guys think?? how about looking for apartments out side on our own?would that be more expensive that what the school is offering? would our loan cover housing expenses outside of the school residency options? please help...Need to know what are other students do that has worked for them or going to work.

Why are you hiding your excitement? (lol)
First, congrats!
Im also going to be attending, just sent my $750 deposit yesterday.
The Lincoln square housing (the private rooms you are mentioning) is basically a hotel that has been bought by MCPHS and converted to student housing, so its basically a just hotel room.
Apartments can range drastically, it all depends on how picky you are and how comfortable you want to live while attending school.
Financial aid will most likely cover everything, but you will have take out a Direct PLUS loan on top of the Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan

Does anybody know of any students attending MCPHS with a master degree or PhD? Did anybody apply with these degrees?

For people who have accpeted a seat at MCPHS, are you all staying on campus? Where is the best place to stay?

Anybody who had recent interviews, please share the essay question they asked you. thankxx

Does anybody know of any students attending MCPHS with a master degree or PhD? Did anybody apply with these degrees?

I believe someone had a PhD and interviewed early on this year and was accepted :thumbup:

That was fast! where do you live? my interview was the 23rd.Haven't received anything yet...:(

I live in Boston Massachusetts so I guess that's probably why I got the mail so early. But anyways to all that have interviews coming up, GOOD LUCK!

The interview process is nothing to be nervous about. The first thing is the essay. Basically you choose 1 out of the 5 topic and write 1 to 1.5 page. Second thing is the interview/tour. There will be 2 groups where the first group gets interviewed with a faculty member while the second group gets toured around the school, then vice versa. The guy who interviewed me asked me why I wanted to do pharmacy, why MCPHS, etc... We also had a side conversation about other things.

Overall don't sweat it guys. As long as you do well on the essay and the interview, then you will most likely get accepted. =]

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who had recent interviews, please share the essay question they asked you. thankxx

The questions were general. Trust me when i say you won't have a problem with them. They focus on real life experiences (not pharmacy related). Just look up essay topics and practice. Make sure you follow basic essay rules (intro, thesis statement, paragraphs, conclusion, etc.). Good luck.

Last edited:

I applied with a Masters Degree (graduate this May). I interviewed on the 27th, waiting for the letter.

I applied with a Masters Degree (graduate this May). I interviewed on the 27th, waiting for the letter. ]

What was your master's in? In addition, I was told that there wasn't anymore housing. Have you heard the same?

What was your master's in? In addition, I was told that there wasn't anymore housing. Have you heard the same?

I have a MS in Regulatory Affairs. Yes I heard the same, I was told that its pretty hard to get a room on campus because of limited space, so most likely this late in the game we prob. will have to live off campus. Well you will, I'm not sure if I am in yet or not.

oh no... even the lincoln square housing is all full?

oh no... even the lincoln square housing is all full?

I don't think its full, it will just be hard but to try you'll give a $250 deposit just to see if you can get in, if you can't then they will return the deposit.

oh ok thanks! i'm glad the deposit is refundable, that was going to be my next question lol

I have a MS in Regulatory Affairs. Yes I heard the same, I was told that its pretty hard to get a room on campus because of limited space, so most likely this late in the game we prob. will have to live off campus. Well you will, I'm not sure if I am in yet or not.

Congrats on your MS. Well, we shall see in about a month if there will be housing.

QUOTE=jt89;12328716]I live in Boston Massachusetts so I guess that's probably why I got the mail so early. But anyways to all that have interviews coming up, GOOD LUCK!

The interview process is nothing to be nervous about. The first thing is the essay. Basically you choose 1 out of the 5 topic and write 1 to 1.5 page. Second thing is the interview/tour. There will be 2 groups where the first group gets interviewed with a faculty member while the second group gets toured around the school, then vice versa. The guy who interviewed me asked me why I wanted to do pharmacy, why MCPHS, etc... We also had a side conversation about other things.

Overall don't sweat it guys. As long as you do well on the essay and the interview, then you will most likely get accepted. =][/QUOTE]

yes i was guessing also that you got it fast because you live in Boston. I live in Chicago and I actually posted another one a day after I asked you, I got my acceptance package. I was interviewed on Friday and the letter was dated on Monday and I received it on Thursday.
I actually didn't have a two group like you did. After I wrote my essay , a faculty member was waiting for me and took me to across street building to her office and interviewed me there and same questions why pharmacy and why MCPHS ...after that She gave me the tour herself. I never saw other students at the same time as me there for interview or other groups for the tour.

yes i was guessing also that you got it fast because you live in Boston. I live in Chicago and I actually posted another one a day after I asked you, I got my acceptance package. I was interviewed on Friday and the letter was dated on Monday and I received it on Thursday.
I actually didn't have a two group like you did. After I wrote my essay , a faculty member was waiting for me and took me to across street building to her office and interviewed me there and same questions why pharmacy and why MCPHS ...after that She gave me the tour herself. I never saw other students at the same time as me there for interview or other groups for the tour.

I live in Boston Massachusetts so I guess that's probably why I got the mail so early. But anyways to all that have interviews coming up, GOOD LUCK!

Overall don't sweat it guys. As long as you do well on the essay and the interview, then you will most likely get accepted. =]

Yes I couldn't hide my excitement! lol Thank you and Congrats to you too!
I just don't know why they give such short time 30 days to send our response, I am still waiting for other schools and I don't think its fair that they want to know right now so they don't have to play with their wait list more later while we loose the chance to weight our choices. I understand they get drops out and cancellations and all that and its in their benefit to know earlier if we attnd or not, but we also have other schools ...I guess I have to risk my 750 dollars to find out and to be safe with MCPHS ....
Yea I was told they look like a hotel room and I see that both Lincoln square housing and the ones with common areas are covered by loans, but if we choose off campus housing meaning look for apartments on our own, that is also covered by student loans but we have to take an extra loan called Direct Plus loan or that we have to take regardless? I am not sure if this is what you meant? I think I have to call them...Never dealt with housing....so confused!

Why are you hiding your excitement? (lol)
First, congrats!
Im also going to be attending, just sent my $750 deposit yesterday.
The Lincoln square housing (the private rooms you are mentioning) is basically a hotel that has been bought by MCPHS and converted to student housing, so its basically a just hotel room.
Apartments can range drastically, it all depends on how picky you are and how comfortable you want to live while attending school.
Financial aid will most likely cover everything, but you will have take out a Direct PLUS loan on top of the Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan

anyone interviewed on the 27th received their acceptance package yet???

sry anyone interviewed on 28th last week on tues or later and got the acceptance letter already???

I got my acceptance package today in mail. I was interviewed on the 21st of March :). It was dated April 2nd and I live in Albany, NY.

As excited as I am, I am also nervous.. I have also been accepted to St. John Fisher in Rochester, NY. I am really confused whether I should attend MCPHS. The main concern of confusion are the horror story of people failing at this school. I know this topic has been repeated over and over but I am having a hard time making up my mind. I do believe with hard work and dedication, I should be able to at least meet the minimum expectations of this intense program. But the stories from students in the past say something else. did anyone get a chance to speak to someone in upper year while they were there for their interview or elsewhere.. I personally don't know anyone and don't want to judge the school based upon these reviews.

Any body knows how many students does MCPHS accept every year? Is the school diverse populated or not? is the interview open file or close file? my interview is Thursday April 11, at the worcester area and at 1 pm. is anybody have interview that time? holla at me. i am coming from Florida.

Interview coming up at worcester, I'm really nervous, can someone help me out in detail on the interview process??

Interview coming up at worcester, I'm really nervous, can someone help me out in detail on the interview process??
Read through the many posts that other students have posted. Most of your questions will be answer if you browse through them.

Last edited:
Any body knows how many students does MCPHS accept every year? Is the school diverse populated or not? is the interview open file or close file? my interview is Thursday April 11, at the worcester area and at 1 pm. is anybody have interview that time? holla at me. i am coming from Florida.

i believe each class is about 200-250 students. in my opinion, it's a pretty diverse school. and my interview was open file. good luck!!

I also have the same question! I was accepted to another University and I am waiting to get responses to couple of other interviews! Now as excited as I am to have been accepted to MCPHS, I am still nervous ! I don't know what to believe! Can someone tell us why we should attend MCPHS? I hear a lot of horrible stories and frankly they are scaring me too!
Also I have 2 weeks to give my deposit...and I am still waiting for other schools to respond, If i don't get my responses on time I guess I have to send my deposit in....and most likely it is non-refundable!!! I am so stressed as what to do!
Can someone that has gone to MCPHS or knows someone who has gone tell us more about this University? I was looking at the rankings by US. News and they are pretty low! scareddddddddddddddd

I got my acceptance package today in mail. I was interviewed on the 21st of March :). It was dated April 2nd and I live in Albany, NY.

As excited as I am, I am also nervous.. I have also been accepted to St. John Fisher in Rochester, NY. I am really confused whether I should attend MCPHS. The main concern of confusion are the horror story of people failing at this school. I know this topic has been repeated over and over but I am having a hard time making up my mind. I do believe with hard work and dedication, I should be able to at least meet the minimum expectations of this intense program. But the stories from students in the past say something else. did anyone get a chance to speak to someone in upper year while they were there for their interview or elsewhere.. I personally don't know anyone and don't want to judge the school based upon these reviews.

Don't buy into these horror stories. While there are a couple people that do drop out each year, these are the type of students who never come to class, or should not have been admitted in the first place.

I was almost scared off by the many terrible posts on this site, among others, and I'm very happy I chose MCPHS, since I am going to be out a year ahead of all the other students that were admitted to 4-year programs last fall. I am still able to work as an intern part-time and manage the accelerated program, so it is do-able if you prioritize your time.

Hope this helps

I also have the same question! I was accepted to another University and I am waiting to get responses to couple of other interviews! Now as excited as I am to have been accepted to MCPHS, I am still nervous ! I don't know what to believe! Can someone tell us why we should attend MCPHS? I hear a lot of horrible stories and frankly they are scaring me too!
Also I have 2 weeks to give my deposit...and I am still waiting for other schools to respond, If i don't get my responses on time I guess I have to send my deposit in....and most likely it is non-refundable!!! I am so stressed as what to do!
Can someone that has gone to MCPHS or knows someone who has gone tell us more about this University? I was looking at the rankings by US. News and they are pretty low! scareddddddddddddddd

I asked a 3rd year student whom I got to know through few distant friends that currently attends this campus. She said the curriculum is demanding and challenging but it's not like it is extremely more difficult than any other pharmacy school in the country.. She said if your willing to work hard and put in your best efforts, you will succeed. The faculty is there to help if you need it... so I guess yeh as long as we work hard, we should be fine..

so with that in mind, I ended up accepting my application and sent my deposit..

Thank you , I appreciate your input. I accepted my application
Can you tell me your opinion about housing? What is the best option? What did you end up doing and if you are happy with that decision?
I think they are full for housing but I still am requesting them ...maybe one will open up.

Don't buy into these horror stories. While there are a couple people that do drop out each year, these are the type of students who never come to class, or should not have been admitted in the first place.

I was almost scared off by the many terrible posts on this site, among others, and I'm very happy I chose MCPHS, since I am going to be out a year ahead of all the other students that were admitted to 4-year programs last fall. I am still able to work as an intern part-time and manage the accelerated program, so it is do-able if you prioritize your time.

Hope this helps

I asked a 3rd year student whom I got to know through few distant friends that currently attends this campus. She said the curriculum is demanding and challenging but it's not like it is extremely more difficult than any other pharmacy school in the country.. She said if your willing to work hard and put in your best efforts, you will succeed. The faculty is there to help if you need it... so I guess yeh as long as we work hard, we should be fine..

so with that in mind, I ended up accepting my application and sent my deposit..

Great :) same here, I accepted my application...but i just mailed it yesterday...
I am just so concern with housing..I guess they are full but i still requested to be considered..what did you do? are u going on campus or off? I don't know which is better ..never been away from home...but i might have to get stuck with off campus and that really concerns m too......

Can someone Help me with the Essay Questions plz. thnxx

Is there any FB page for MCPHS class of 2015?? Anyone?

There is an official Facebook page you are invited to join once you decide on MCPHS.

I've heard housing if full and they have a waiting list. But from most of what I have heard there are a lot of people already on the waiting list.

I've heard housing if full and they have a waiting list. But from most of what I have heard there are a lot of people already on the waiting list.
Yes, that is correct, currently, the housing is full for MCPHS-Worcester. I interviewed on 4/20/12 and was informed that they do not have any more openings for the housing as of now. The admissions counselor suggested that I should start looking for off-campus apartments if I get accepted and am interested in attending the school. Good luck with apartment hunting!

How many person does the interview process? i mean how many faculty or student member interview candidates? is it open file or closed file? and how long is the actual interview process? is it divided into 2-3 groups? etc.. any ideas?

I AM iiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!! :):):):)

so happy hah

Congrats!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone in a few months :)

Thank you , I appreciate your input. I accepted my application
Can you tell me your opinion about housing? What is the best option? What did you end up doing and if you are happy with that decision?
I think they are full for housing but I still am requesting them ...maybe one will open up.

Hey, sorry I just saw your message... we had finals last week so I didnt have much free time. Not really sure about housing since I commute to the school. I know a decent amount of people live off-campus though. Can't hurt to get put on a waiting list. I believe they are opening the Optometry program this fall, so there will be more students looking for on-campus housing, with no new additional dorms (at least to my knowledge). I would try checking whats available for off-campus apartments to be safe.

Im still looking for off campus housing, if anyone needs a roommate please let me know!

All on campus housing is full!!!! I need to live off campus now I guess ugh lol. Anyone know of any good places around MCPHS. Looking for a roommate as well, preferably someone with a vehicle so we could take turns car pooling to and from school. I'm assuming off campus housing is not within walking distance..