MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's a good question...When I was doing it, it kind of seemed like you had to complete it in one shot. Once I started, I was worried I would lose it if I didn't finish it so I completed all of it at once. :confused:

nvm. I'm an idiot. it STATES clearly at the top that you must finish it in one sitting lol.

I am so happy that people are receiving interviews already. it DOES worry me though, I am still waiting for my professors to look over my PS. UGH!! Should I just wing it and e submit? Time is precious and with all due respect, my editors are taking too much time!! :scared: I hope late August isn't considered LATE.

I hope you receive an interview invite soon Saaarah! good luck! haha there are more As in your username than on my transcript :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

That's a good question...When I was doing it, it kind of seemed like you had to complete it in one shot. Once I started, I was worried I would lose it if I didn't finish it so I completed all of it at once. :confused:

I just looked at the question and went away from it because I had so many windows opened ..and I accidentally closed it...But you do lose your personal information if you navigate away from the page.... At least that's what happened to me.... I think you should complete in one sitting though....I almost had a heart attack after since I couldn't find my page anymore... LOL

nvm. I'm an idiot. it STATES clearly at the top that you must finish it in one sitting lol.

I am so happy that people are receiving interviews already. it DOES worry me though, I am still waiting for my professors to look over my PS. UGH!! Should I just wing it and e submit? Time is precious and with all due respect, my editors are taking too much time!! :scared: I hope late August isn't considered LATE.

I hope you receive an interview invite soon Saaarah! good luck! haha there are more As in your username than on my transcript :oops:

August is definitely not considered late but I do think that getting your application submitted as early as possible is super important! I would say that if you are confident with you personal statement and if at least one person you trust has proof read it, go ahead and submit!!! I know what it's like to want every single word absolutely perfect but sometimes that just leads to second guessing yourself!!! Be confident! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all the help guys! This thread is super supportive and informational haha :laugh: Gonna try to submit ASAP. Again, to everyone who has e-submitted, GOOD LUCK!

can't wait until the wait period begins for me :eek:

I just looked at the question and went away from it because I had so many windows opened ..and I accidentally closed it...But you do lose your personal information if you navigate away from the page.... At least that's what happened to me.... I think you should complete in one sitting though....I almost had a heart attack after since I couldn't find my page anymore... LOL

haha Please do not catch a cardiac arrest, we need you to provide medication to patients!

Hi Everyone! I applied to MCPHS via regular admission. I just received a letter from them today for an on-campus interview. If you sent everything in early, you should hear from them soon; it's already almost September. I did receive one email from them couple weeks after I had submit my application with them and did their supplemental. My pharmcas was sent on August 8 and I did my supplemental the week MCPHS had their supplemental apps available on their website.

Good luck on your interview, let us know how it goes!! Hoping for everyone else to hear back for an interview soon!!

My stats are not anything great either. I have a 3.3 cgpa and a 3.3 science gpa and working for 4 years at duane reade pharmacy. By the way does the school send us an email regarding what our pre-requisite gpa is?
I received a worksheet attached to my interview letter that has all my prerequisite classes that I have taken, my grades, and my calculated overall gpa + my prerequisite gpa by MCPHS

Ahhhh! That's so exciting, congrats! Good luck on the interview. I hope to hear from them soon!! I don't mean to question it but mail doesn't come on Sunday. Did you hear from them via email?!?
ahahaha, actually it is funny that you mentioned about Sunday because after I replied to the thread I realized today was Sunday and mail does not come on Sunday. The letter came yesterday (Saturday), the letter itself was postmarked on August 22. I was away for the weekend and saw it when I came home today. =D

Yeah, the letter was snail mail. They also included a worksheet with the prerequisites you reported to have completed; they also calculate your prereq gpa and overall gpa.

Another question! Which program did you apply to? the accelerated one in worcester? Thanks!
Yep, I applied to the Accelerated Program- Worcester. How about everyone else??? Hopefully the same =)

Good luck on your interview, let us know how it goes!! Hoping for everyone else to hear back for an interview soon!!
Thanks, Phtran87! Hopefully everyone will be hearing from them soon for an interview so we can celebrate together! =)

Thanks, Phtran87! Hopefully everyone will be hearing from them soon for an interview so we can celebrate together! =)

Congrats on your interview! :)

Also, I was just wondering if it was okay to input the prereqs like this, since I was on the quarter system I wasn't quite sure how I should break down my Ochem 1, Ochem 2 and Ochem 3. So on the pre-req worksheet, I placed Fall 2009, Winter 2010, Spring 2010 for Organic Chemistry 1 and the same for Organic Chemistry 2.

I totally got this mixed with Pacific University because they suggested I do this...

Congrats on your interview! :)

Also, I was just wondering if it was okay to input the prereqs like this, since I was on the quarter system I wasn't quite sure how I should break down my Ochem 1, Ochem 2 and Ochem 3. So on the pre-req worksheet, I placed Fall 2009, Winter 2010, Spring 2010 for Organic Chemistry 1 and the same for Organic Chemistry 2.

I totally got this mixed with Pacific University because they suggested I do this...
Thanks szetok! =) I am excited and nervous. I am calling tomorrow to schedule my interview. I am not sure how far in advance it will be.

As for filling out the prereqs, I read the past threads from last year and another member was in the same shoes as you are now and all I got for answers was to follow directions on filling it out and that you shouldn't worry too much since they will be matching up with your official transcripts anyways. If I were you, to be safe, I would just send a brief email and clarify how they would like it. They have been very prompt on responding to my emails.

Thanks szetok! =) I am excited and nervous. I am calling tomorrow to schedule my interview. I am not sure how far in advance it will be.

As for filling out the prereqs, I read the past threads from last year and another member was in the same shoes as you are now and all I got for answers was to follow directions on filling it out and that you shouldn't worry too much since they will be matching up with your official transcripts anyways. If I were you, to be safe, I would just send a brief email and clarify how they would like it. They have been very prompt on responding to my emails.

do you think they receive your transcripts from pharmcas? no where on their site does it say to directly mail over your transcripts to them. unless Im missing something

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
ahahaha, actually it is funny that you mentioned about Sunday because after I replied to the thread I realized today was Sunday and mail does not come on Sunday. The letter came yesterday (Saturday), the letter itself was postmarked on August 22. I was away for the weekend and saw it when I came home today. =D

Yeah, the letter was snail mail. They also included a worksheet with the prerequisites you reported to have completed; they also calculate your prereq gpa and overall gpa.

That's great!! Thank you for sharing, your the first one on here to get an interview. Good luck!!! Also if you don't mind, what are your stats?!?

do you think they receive your transcripts from pharmcas? no where on their site does it say to directly mail over your transcripts to them. unless Im missing something

Thanks!
No, you're right. I did not send any other additional transcripts to them just the one I sent to pharmcas.

That's great!! Thank you for sharing, your the first one on here to get an interview. Good luck!!! Also if you don't mind, what are your stats?!?
Hey PharmacyMD1213, this is what I have, I don't think my science gpa is anything special but I do have a lot of experience and believe my LORs were strong.

Cumulative GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.34
Math: 3.75

4 years as a manager for Walgreens, 2 years as an intern for a hospital, 1 year as a Department Coordinator for the Pharmacy and Outpatient Lab, and after my internship at my hospital I was hired on as a pharm tech. I have been tech license since 2007. I also have my BS already. I was in a few clubs in college but non-pharmacy related.

I received a response to my email this morning! They said its just a guideline to see where everything on the transcripts is, so I guess they do match up the pre-reqs and the transcripts when they get it... Not sure. I always thought pharmcas matches them up.

And cm119, your have great EC's! No wonder you got an interview.....good luck! but i'm sure you'll be fine! :D Tell us how it goes!

Hey PharmacyMD1213, this is what I have, I don't think my science gpa is anything special but I do have a lot of experience and believe my LORs were strong.

Cumulative GPA: 3.57
Science GPA: 3.34
Math: 3.75

4 years as a manager for Walgreens, 2 years as an intern for a hospital, 1 year as a Department Coordinator for the Pharmacy and Outpatient Lab, and after my internship at my hospital I was hired on as a pharm tech. I have been tech license since 2007. I also have my BS already. I was in a few clubs in college but non-pharmacy related.

You have amazing EC!! Good luck on the interview let us know how it goes!! Have you called and set to set it up yet? Also, did you apply for early decision?!?

I just found out that I never waived my rights for my LORs... I'm screwed!! Do you guys think this is going to effect my application =(?!? Omg I'm such an idiot!!!

I just found out that I never waived my rights for my LORs... I'm screwed!! Do you guys think this is going to effect my application =(?!? Omg I'm such an idiot!!!

Ohgosh Call pharmcas! Wait, did your letter writers already submit? If not, you can still cancel and make a new entry! But if not, I don't know...

My school advisors told us all to waive it because they said that if you don't, it means you don't trust them enough to write you a supporting letter. I read somewhere that the schools have a right to ask you why you didn't waive them during the interview process....

Ohgosh Call pharmcas! Wait, did your letter writers already submit? If not, you can still cancel and make a new entry! But if not, I don't know...

My school advisors told us all to waive it because they said that if you don't, it means you don't trust them enough to write you a supporting letter. I read somewhere that the schools have a right to ask you why you didn't waive them during the interview process....

I didn't know what I was pressing which is completely my fault. My professors usually copy me in all their recommendations so I didn't think it to be a big deal. I already submitted my pharmcas and it was mailed on the 8th of August. I can't change the letters either my professors said they would redo it again but I can't modify it on pharmcas!! Oh well I hope I will at least get an interview so I can explain my stupidity. My grades aren't that strong so I was really banking on my LORs and EC I guess I blew it!! =(

I didn't know what I was pressing which is completely my fault. My professors usually copy me in all their recommendations so I didn't think it to be a big deal. I already submitted my pharmcas and it was mailed on the 8th of August. I can't change the letters either my professors said they would redo it again but I can't modify it on pharmcas!! Oh well I hope I will at least get an interview so I can explain my stupidity. My grades aren't that strong so I was really banking on my LORs and EC I guess I blew it!! =(

If I were you I would notify the schools individually to address this concern. It may not be too late. They know that the application process is extremely stressful so a mistake here and there is understandable. Hopefully they will make a note and put it in your profile. I would contact them ASAP if I were you.

Thanks cm119 and congrats on your interview good luck. tell us how it goes!!!

Is anyone else in here having trouble reaching Kate? I called her the whole day yesterday and been calling her this morning but it keeps putting me through voicemail. I left her a message but she never got back to me. I really need to schedule the interview since it's first come first serve.

Is anyone else in here having trouble reaching Kate? I called her the whole day yesterday and been calling her this morning but it keeps putting me through voicemail. I left her a message but she never got back to me. I really need to schedule the interview since it's first come first serve.

Congrats on your interview invite! :thumbup: When did you receive the letter? Also, are you early decision or regular admission? (Sorry for all the questions!)

I've been trying to reach them and all I get is the voicemail. Also, I sent an email I haven't received any responses.. Maybe they r really busy!

Hey escadana! I was able to catch Kate today around 9:50AM (Pacific time) to schedule an interview. I had also called her yesterday and left her a voice message. She told me that it's the first move in day for the students so she has been out of the office with that. She said she will be returning everyone's phone calls though.

Also, from the options she gave, there are still a good amount of days at this point so I would not worry about it. The earliest she gave me were the 6th, 7th, 10th and 11th of September, the 20th and 21st. I scheduled for the 21st of September since I am from out-of state. Let me know which date you guys pick!!

saaarah - Thanks! I applied for regular admission and I received my interview invite on a Saturday (I'm from the west coast). The letter was postmarked on August 22nd.

PharmMD1213 - She wasn't in her office on Monday but I'm pretty sure she'll get back to you pretty soon!

cm119 - Thanks for the info! I called her again and scheduled an interview for Sept 7th! Good luck on your interview!

saaarah - Thanks! I applied for regular admission and I received my interview invite on a Saturday (I'm from the west coast). The letter was postmarked on August 22nd.

PharmMD1213 - She wasn't in her office on Monday but I'm pretty sure she'll get back to you pretty soon!

cm119 - Thanks for the info! I called her again and scheduled an interview for Sept 7th! Good luck on your interview!
I got work to give me time off, so I rescheduled for the 10th at 2pm instead. Goodluck on your interview. Where are you flying from?

Sooo jealous!!! I am really hoping to get an interview!!! My pharmCAS was mailed on August 8th so if I do get an interview I should be hearing anytime!!!

Sooo jealous!!! I am really hoping to get an interview!!! My pharmCAS was mailed on August 8th so if I do get an interview I should be hearing anytime!!!

Me too!! I applied for early decision, and I still haven't heard anything =(. I'm really starting to panic!!!!

I applied as an early decision applicant too and have yet to receive a letter. Very anxious!! My application was sent in the first PharmCAS mailing too. If you don't get chosen for an interview do you know if they'll send you a letter notifying you that you were not selected?

cm119 - The earlier the better :thumbup: I'm flying in from California. What about you? Thanks! Good luck on yours too!

saaarah - I hope you get an interview too! My PharmCAS was also sent on August 8th. Wish you luck! Maybe there's just too many applicants. You'll get it eventually!

PharmMD1213 - Don't panic! Snail mail always takes forever.

OlgaRundberg - You can always ask the admissions office if you have any questions about that. But keep your hopes up!

cm119 - The earlier the better :thumbup: I'm flying in from California. What about you? Thanks! Good luck on yours too!

saaarah - I hope you get an interview too! My PharmCAS was also sent on August 8th. Wish you luck! Maybe there's just too many applicants. You'll get it eventually!

OlgaRundberg - You can always ask the admissions office if you have any questions about that. But keep your hopes up!

I emailed admissions hopefully they have good news :) My fingers are definitely crossed! I'm from California too! What city are u from?

I am from San Diego!! =) I am looking at flights now so I can book. Where are you planning to fly into? Are you renting a car?

I applied as an early decision applicant too and have yet to receive a letter. Very anxious!! My application was sent in the first PharmCAS mailing too. If you don't get chosen for an interview do you know if they'll send you a letter notifying you that you were not selected?
If you apply as early decision, your file may be kept on file so that you can be compared to the next batch each time. I am sure you'll hear back from them soon. =)

Hey guys I am also scared... I e-submitted on 8/22 and pharmcas still has not put my file together, and told me it would take them till mid September to send the application to the mcphs. At this rate I don't think I will have that preference of applying early.

Hey I think we r all bugging out a little bit, Its still early! I sent them an email and they said they will review my application with the next couple of weeks and update me on my status through mail! =( they will let us know if we don't get an interview ( which hopefully won't happen)

If you apply as early decision, your file may be kept on file so that you can be compared to the next batch each time. I am sure you'll hear back from them soon. =)

Thank you! :) I sure do hope so, it is the only school I applied to...

Good to know! At least now I know that something will come eventually

I'm from Los Angeles.. I'm flying with America Airlines! The whole trip is so expensive :( But good luck to you all!!

nope I'm not renting a car.. I'm planning to just walk from my hotel to the school

Hey I think we r all bugging out a little bit, Its still early! I sent them an email and they said they will review my application with the next couple of weeks and update me on my status through mail! =( they will let us know if we don't get an interview ( which hopefully won't happen)

Are you applying as an early decision applicant as well?

Reactions: 1 user
hey everyone! I am currently starting the supplemental app. How much did you guys write on average for each of the questions. I have like 2 paragraphs down for each question but I'm not sure if they are looking for more?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

hey everyone! I am currently starting the supplemental app. How much did you guys write on average for each of the questions. I have like 2 paragraphs down for each question but I'm not sure if they are looking for more?? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hey, I wasn't sure either so I did 2 paragraphs for each question

Thanks guys! I'd image they have to read thousands of these guys so they would hate to read a 5 paragraph essay hahah :D