MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats sarahh!! Must feel great to be accepted so early!! What are your top choices?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I s anyone apply to Manchester campus? I have an interview on Monday next week and I am really nervous about it. Can someone share something about the writing part of the interview?? Thank you.

Hey I applied there as well but did not receive any interviews. Can you please tell me when your application was mailed to them? my app was mailed on Sept. 10th and still no news. Good luck on your interview

Thanks everyone!!! I really like MCPHS and it is very likely I will be attending there in the fall. However, I am also interviewing at Saint Joseph School of Pharmacy on October 8th, which is a little closer to where I'm from. If I am accepted there, I guess it is just going to come down to which school I like better. The tuition for both schools is similar but MCPHS has great on-campus housing, while Saint Joseph does not...So that might become a factor as well!

I just received my acceptance to MCPHS today! Already sent in the fee and my letter stating I want to attend. Just like Sarah said, be relaxed and yourself. I was nervous before going in and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Plus, you literally find out within days. :D

I just received my acceptance to MCPHS today! Already sent in the fee and my letter stating I want to attend. Just like Sarah said, be relaxed and yourself. I was nervous before going in and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Plus, you literally find out within days. :D
Congrats pharmtech2132!!! =)

Congratulations!!! How did you prepare?? My interview is next week and I'm really stressing out!!!

Congratulations!!! How did you prepare?? My interview is next week and I'm really stressing out!!!

To be quite honest, I just re-read my essay prompts that I submitted and was myself. I was pretty nervous going into the interview but the secretary is extremely nice and will calm down your nerves a lot. It seemed more conversation than question/answer/question/answer and was very down to earth. I was lucky and got to interview with a dean and it provided key insights at what was to come.

You will be fine, just review what you submitted: don't want to contradict yourself!

My application for MCPHS, Manchester was mailed on 09/17. I am really nervous about the writing section for interview. I am going to follow what people have been saying, but we will see. I will let you know about it.

Hey, did you guys ask questions during the interview?? If yes, did you ask questions during the process of interviewing or after they finished interviewing you? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

I have also been accepted in MCPHS for next year. However, does anyone else have concerns about their high attrition rate? I read this awful form saying to never attend this school because they accept more than they can allow to graduate. I emailed the school and they said it's at 7% (still kind of high-don't know to believe it), but I've been reading that they have the highest in the nation. Seemed like a good school but I'd rather not be set up for failture. Any input or information? Perhaps from current students?

Hello all,

I have also been accepted in MCPHS for next year. However, does anyone else have concerns about their high attrition rate? I read this awful form saying to never attend this school because they accept more than they can allow to graduate. I emailed the school and they said it's at 7% (still kind of high-don't know to believe it), but I've been reading that they have the highest in the nation. Seemed like a good school but I'd rather not be set up for failture. Any input or information? Perhaps from current students?

Hi there!!!

Congratulations on your acceptance! I too have been accepted and share similar concerns. However, I think that the reason why the attrition rate is higher is because not all students entering the program are prepared for the heavy workload. In my opinion, it makes sense that the attrition rate is higher, considering it is one of the few accelerated PharmD schools in the nation. During my interview, it seemed like the interviewer really wanted to make sure that I have good study habits and can handle stress because the program is intense and students need to be prepared. My recommendation would be to not read comments about what other people's opinions are about the school...you never know where someone is coming from. The pharmacist I work for graduated from MCPHS Worcester about 5 years ago and she loved it...so clearly people have differing opinions.

Have you applied or been accepted anywhere else??? If I get into any other of my top schools I am going to base my decision off of my experience at the school/interview rather than listen to other people's opinions...it will make you crazy!!!

Good luck with everything and let me know what you decide!!! Congrats again on your acceptance...it's a huge accomplishment!!! :thumbup:

I agree with the attrition rate, however, the NAPLEX passing rate is pretty high and considering in five years they have trained over 2000 pharmacists, it is pretty amazing. During my interview, they couldn't stress how important study skills are and how difficult of a program it can be due to it being accelerated. If you study, you should be fine. Here is a link to the NALPEX pass rate. http://www.nabp.net/programs/assets/NAPLEX passing rates.pdf

Thank you, congrats to you too. That may be true, however there are many accelerated programs out there. Although it is 3 years, doesn't explain the attrition rate being incredibly high. I spoke to someone today who is class of 2012, they said 1/5 of the students failed/dropped out (that is 20%!!). Average retention rate is 95% or so, not 80%! I know the angry students are more likely to post about it but it seems way to easy to find bad posts about this school and I found this out after my acceptance letter :scared: I mean the interviewer seemed pretty professional and as if faculty was willing to help, but I read forums from last month from students and they sounded pretty horrible. And made the school sound money hungry. I'm trying not to be biased and to look at other school reviews however none have as many bad things to say about this school, and that's not even only including pharmacy..including PA too. :(

Also, I have asked 3 times now for the # of students who have been accepted and how many have graduated and they keep avoiding it and sending me links that do NOT answer my question. I'm still emailing about it. That makes me quite weary.

I've applied to a few CA schools and OR. I interviewed at another school and have another interview coming up as well. I don't know what to do at this point, pretty scared really. Didn't think I'd be so stressed out, thought I'd be happy about being accepted! I feel like the more I read...the more I grow concerned!

Thank you again, congrats to you toooo, hope you go where you want to :thumbup::)

Links I've come across:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-380319.html

http://www.studentsreview.com/MA/MCPAHS_g.html

Hi there!!!

Congratulations on your acceptance! I too have been accepted and share similar concerns. However, I think that the reason why the attrition rate is higher is because not all students entering the program are prepared for the heavy workload. In my opinion, it makes sense that the attrition rate is higher, considering it is one of the few accelerated PharmD schools in the nation. During my interview, it seemed like the interviewer really wanted to make sure that I have good study habits and can handle stress because the program is intense and students need to be prepared. My recommendation would be to not read comments about what other people's opinions are about the school...you never know where someone is coming from. The pharmacist I work for graduated from MCPHS Worcester about 5 years ago and she loved it...so clearly people have differing opinions.

Have you applied or been accepted anywhere else??? If I get into any other of my top schools I am going to base my decision off of my experience at the school/interview rather than listen to other people's opinions...it will make you crazy!!!

Good luck with everything and let me know what you decide!!! Congrats again on your acceptance...it's a huge accomplishment!!! :thumbup:

Does anybody know how many interview are conducted throughout the day?

Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter to MCPHS today!! I'm extremely excited to get to know everyone!! If anyone has any questions about the admissions process I'll be happy to offer any advice! Go class of 2016!! Yahoo!!!! :D:D

Congrats pharm322!!!! Was this your top school? :) :thumbup:

Hey everyone! I just got my acceptance letter to MCPHS today!! I'm extremely excited to get to know everyone!! If anyone has any questions about the admissions process I'll be happy to offer any advice! Go class of 2016!! Yahoo!!!! :D:D

Not sure if it has changed, but when I went there were four interviews that day, including myself.

Does anybody know how many interview are conducted throughout the day?

Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

Hey, I was wondering if you asked them questions during the interview process, and if you did, did you do it at the end?? Also did you have to read articles to prepare for essay part of interview? Thank you.

Hey, I was wondering if you asked them questions during the interview process, and if you did, did you do it at the end?? Also did you have to read articles to prepare for essay part of interview? Thank you.

It was more conversation style more than anything for my interviewer. He even said if I had any questions to feel free to ask during the process. I even had a former graduate who is starting to work there for interviewing people and I asked him questions about the program as well.

You don't have to read any articles or do any research to prepare for the timed essay. They just want to get a sense of your writing skills, that's all. The questions are based off your life experiences and personal beliefs. As for the actual interview process, mine was very laid back and casual. I'm very talkative, so it was more like a conversation than a structured process. I asked questions throughout the tour and also when we sat down. It's good to be inquisitive! Hope that helps!! :)

Congrats pharm322!!!! Was this your top school? :) :thumbup:

Yes, MCPHS was my top choice! I'm extremely excited!! I work with many of the alumni and have to say the school produces some pretty excellent pharmacists!!

got my interview in the mail today! wish me luck yall

I have an interview tomorrow, wish me luck guys! I will let you know how it goes!!!!

Hey I guys I just recieved my letter and it states I have been wait-listed. Anyone knows what are the chances of being accepted after being wait-listed.

Hey I guys I just recieved my letter and it states I have been wait-listed. Anyone knows what are the chances of being accepted after being wait-listed.

Have you been wait listed without an interview?

I have no clue I was stupid and applied to NH campus, i guess they have a different policies. Any advice on what to do next guys?

Thanks so much...it's a tremendous weight lifted to know I get a chance to sell myself in person to the board. Your interview is this week, isn't it?

Yeppers on Friday!!! I can't wait!!!! Did you set a date for your interview?

Yeppers on Friday!!! I can't wait!!!! Did you set a date for your interview?
Not yet...just opened the letter a few hours ago and I have to try and work out which classes to miss without impacting my schedule too much. What days do they interview?

yes i have been waitlisted without an interview.
Someone else had the same thing happen. I guess you can email them and ask how many people have been taken off the waitlist in the past and then judge what to do. Do you have other applications out to other schools? Because there is still more than enough time to add some to your PharmCAS app - it's still early.

Not yet...just opened the letter a few hours ago and I have to try and work out which classes to miss without impacting my schedule too much. What days do they interview?

When I called 3 weeks ago they had everyday available except Thursday.

Oh, that's great! Thanks. Also, how much time did they give you to decide if you would accept their offer for acceptance?

If you get accepted, you have 30 days from the date postmarked on the letter to accept the offer. They don't usually extend that deadline from what I understand either.

I have no clue I was stupid and applied to NH campus, i guess they have a different policies. Any advice on what to do next guys?

Hey, I applied to Manchester campus too. I had an interview today and hopefully it went well. I would advice not to give up and apply for Worcester. They mentioned that a lot of the classes are taught from Worcester. I believe you can do this, don't lose hope.

Last edited:
Hey, I applied to Manchester campus too. I had an interview today and hopefully it went well. I would advice not to give up and apply for Worcester. They mentioned that a lot of the classes are taught from Worcester. I believe you can do this, don't lose hope.

The only problem is that they only allow you to apply once per year for all campuses.

From the secondary application:
The Admission Office looks forward to reviewing your application once we receive:

1. Completed PharmCAS application
2. Supplemental application

It is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete.

If you are selected for an interview with the PharmD program, you will be notified via postal mail. An on-campus, in-person interview is necessary for consideration into the program.

Please note that you may only apply to one campus and that only one application will be processed.

Try calling them and say you made a mistake and applied to the wrong campus maybe?

Does anybody know anyone that interviewed and didn't get accepted? I had my interview today and I was so nervous, I don't think it went too well but I hope I will receive acceptance though =(.

If not, I wonder how many students have been denied so far from MCPHS?