MCV PCAT Scoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOliv010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the FAQ in the website. It says that the school take the highest score in each individual section. So if you got 99% in bio and got a 30% in chem. If you retook and recieved a 30% in bio and 99%in chem. The admissions commitee would count the highest two values which means a 99%. I kind of find that weird. Does anyone in MCV know about this, or do other schools use this procedure?

Members don't see this ad.

JOliv010 said:
In the FAQ in the website. It says that the school take the highest score in each individual section. So if you got 99% in bio and got a 30% in chem. If you retook and recieved a 30% in bio and 99%in chem. The admissions commitee would count the highest two values which means a 99%. I kind of find that weird. Does anyone in MCV know about this, or do other schools use this procedure?

When i spoke with someone at MCV, that is exactly how it was explained to me. Only your highest scores from each section would be reported to the Ad. Com. It is weird I guess, but if it helps, so be it. LOL