MD/DO 3.55 as a senior, 30 mcat...do I have a chance or do I need a post bac?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunnyday993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so as the tittle says;

I am a senior studying molecular bio and at the rate I am going I will graduate with around a 3.55c and a 3.3s. I had a huge upward trend in grades lol I basically raised it from a 2.7 my freshman year. My EC's are pretty good; tons of non medical volunteer, some medical volunteer, high research distinction, tons of shadowing, exec board position, etc... One more thing is I am white but I am qualified as disadvantaged....not sure if that even means anything lol.

The thing I am wondering is my gpa and mcat are kind of mediocre for medical school and DO school...but I don't think it is that bad either so I am torn. Would you guys do a post bac? Or a masters? Or do I have a good enough chance to just work for my gap year?

What do you guys think? Im really torn on the special masters thing. And what would my chances be for MD/DO without a post bac? I really have no preference, but I feel like I am mediocre for both!

I am an illinois resident and my top choices would be rush, rosalind, or midwestern (DO). Thanks!! :cat::cat:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: