MD vs DO, what are my chances, cGPA 3.26 sGPA 3.4 MCAT 32 (10/10/12)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowbluegreen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

cGPA 3.26
sGPA 3.4 (heavily upward trend - last 60 credits above 3.8)
MCAT 32 - (10/10/12)

I also did my honours in Molecular biology where I spent 8 months working in a lab. I also have several volunteer experiences with children. I opened my own tutoring company and volunteer every week for kids who can't afford tutoring. I also volunteer at Big Brother

I plan on getting my clinical experience very soon so I can be volunteering for at least 6 months before I even apply for 2015/2016 cycle.

What are my chances of getting into MD and DO? any DO schools you guys recommend. I am from Canada.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My learned colleague is being kind on your MD chances. I think they are unrealistic at best with a cGPA that is >0.3 less than the median for acceptees.

You're fine for any DO school that accepts Canadians, however. Mine requires a green card.

If you can identify the DO schools that are actively accepting international applicants you have a good chance.
MD chances are modest, at best.

Reactions: 1 user
My learned colleague is being kind on your MD chances. I think they are unrealistic at best with a cGPA that is >0.3 less than the median for acceptees.

You're fine for any DO school that accepts Canadians, however. Mine requires a green card.

Thanks for all your input. I agree, my cGPA is lower for the MD schools :(