med/peds program with strong peds component

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvk13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm interested in doing med-peds combined program. I have a particular interest in pediatrics. Does anyone know of med-peds programs with a strong pediatric component. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by a 'strong pedriatic component'. Med-Peds curricula are now standardized according to ACGME requirements, so mandatory peds rotations will be similar at all med-peds programs.

There are definitely med-peds programs affiliated with categorical pediatric programs that are 'top' programs by reputation, if that is what you are getting at. Here are some:

Penn-Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Brigham-Boston Children's
Baylor-Texas Children's
Case-Rainbow Babies
Cincinnati
Ohio State-Nationwide Children's
UPMC-Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
Michigan-C.S. Mott
Vanderbilt
Indiana
Utah-Primary Children's
Duke
UCLA-Mattel Children's
UCSD
Minnesota
Medical College of Wisconsin-Children's Hospital of Wisconsin

and probably some more I can't recall right now. This list is in no way intended to reflect med-peds programs offering the 'best' peds training, whatever that means! ;)

Hi I'm interested in doing med-peds combined program. I have a particular interest in pediatrics. Does anyone know of med-peds programs with a strong pediatric component. Thanks! :)

So this begs the question...why not just do peds?