Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Med school in Hungary, Czech Repub, etc.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Hornet871, 10.28.04.

1. Hornet871

Hornet871 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Any students/graduates out there from med school in Hungary or Czech Republic or other European med schools that have curriculae in English?

I am an American physician who would like to teach (clinical courses) at a European medical school. I know that Caribbean med schools like St. George's welcome American physicians to teach, but what about European universities, such as Debrecen in Hungary?

If anyone has any knowledge of this or could direct me to good sources, I would really appreciate it.
  2. theodore

theodore Most kind beast around

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Hi there,

I just graduated from the medical school of Pecs, Hungary. The curriculum was indeed in English. If you re interested in contacting them, the web site is www.pte.hu. You should find their phone numbers there, too, but if not tell me and I'll find them for you.
  3. prefontaine

prefontaine Senior Member

Attending Physician
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Keep in mind that the average doctor in HU makes ~$400/month. Do not expect much in the way of pay. Also, HU and the Czech Republic have a large # of doctors per capita, so no shortage of faculty.

4. Hornet871

Hornet871 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Thanks for the insight and advice. I'll try to follow up on the med school in Pecs and others in the area to see how the opportunities look for American docs.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal