Med school in Hungary, Czech Repub, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hornet871

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any students/graduates out there from med school in Hungary or Czech Republic or other European med schools that have curriculae in English?

I am an American physician who would like to teach (clinical courses) at a European medical school. I know that Caribbean med schools like St. George's welcome American physicians to teach, but what about European universities, such as Debrecen in Hungary?

If anyone has any knowledge of this or could direct me to good sources, I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I just graduated from the medical school of Pecs, Hungary. The curriculum was indeed in English. If you re interested in contacting them, the web site is www.pte.hu. You should find their phone numbers there, too, but if not tell me and I'll find them for you.

Keep in mind that the average doctor in HU makes ~$400/month. Do not expect much in the way of pay. Also, HU and the Czech Republic have a large # of doctors per capita, so no shortage of faculty.

Hornet871 said:
Any students/graduates out there from med school in Hungary or Czech Republic or other European med schools that have curriculae in English?

I am an American physician who would like to teach (clinical courses) at a European medical school. I know that Caribbean med schools like St. George's welcome American physicians to teach, but what about European universities, such as Debrecen in Hungary?

If anyone has any knowledge of this or could direct me to good sources, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for the insight and advice. I'll try to follow up on the med school in Pecs and others in the area to see how the opportunities look for American docs.