Med School is Destroying my body and my Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey emdo2018, you should look into p90x if you arent very familiar with working out. Its pretty easy to do at home and fit in to your schedule during ms-1 and ms-2.

Though, personally I'd stick to a routine of 30 mintues runs in the morning three times a week and 10 minute morning stretches on non-running days.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
WIth any self-control around nutrition you can be in extreme shape with 30 minutes of exercise 4-5 times a week.

That's 2-2.5 hours.

You just have to be murderously effective while exercising, which most people aren't comfortable with.

I found this making the rounds on Reddit today. Surprisingly relevant to this topic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...y-professional-bodybuilder-ex-wants-back.html

I mean, I think we can learn something from this about how motivation works in this arena. Working out for health reasons may be enough to get started, but it won't sustain you, otherwise the med student in the article never would have got into this mess. I think that if you want to sustain a change, you need something deeper, like anger, hate, and revenge to drive you. I'll try to think of something to be angry at, it'll help I guess.

There are good people and bad people in medical school. That said, sometimes, your friend may be someone else's enemy, and vice versa. Medical school can be a cliquey place.

Well, I meant exercise to control your weight and reduce stress, not avenge the death of your parents. But OK.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found this making the rounds on Reddit today. Surprisingly relevant to this topic.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...y-professional-bodybuilder-ex-wants-back.html

I mean, I think we can learn something from this about how motivation works in this arena. Working out for health reasons may be enough to get started, but it won't sustain you, otherwise the med student in the article never would have got into this mess. I think that if you want to sustain a change, you need something deeper, like anger, hate, and revenge to drive you. I'll try to think of something to be angry at, it'll help I guess.

There are good people and bad people in medical school. That said, sometimes, your friend may be someone else's enemy, and vice versa. Medical school can be a cliquey place.
Since the med student bodybuilder in the article posted this link under jdarby1990 eight months ago, I’m guessing that when you “found this making the rounds on Reddit today” you discovered it on the first page of /r/TheRedPill where it was posted it 24 hours ago.

If you are struggling socially and emotionally, it's probably not the best idea to subscribe to a subreddit where most posters turn to bitter misogyny and dumbed-down, inaccurate analogies involving simple, comforting things like childhood pets and rocks in an attempt to explain a world that they really don’t understand. TRP is mostly the blind leading the blind over a cliff. That subreddit is not run by positive life coaches, just a handful of people who have fully invested in an unhealthy, hateful ideology, because they want to feel some semblance of control over the people and circumstances which they believe have personally slighted them.

Reactions: 3 users
Nah, I floss every day because it is healthy -- not out of hopes for revenge. I've done this for years, I missed one day.

I exercise everyday because it's good for my health (weight/BP/relax/etc) -- not out of hate. I go 6 days per week...for years.

I would think that emotional appeals for change are more transient.

Sometimes it is like you go out of your way to make unusual posts. Whatever the med student in the article experienced is n=1...not gospel.
Agreed! Gotta be positive IMHO, that's what keep you going back to it.
I began to realize that I was going down a slippery slope last year with my exercise and diet habits, so that's what got me back into it. Just hope I can keep it up. Also...I wanna look good, not that I don't already haha, but some extra muscle and strength is icing on the cake.

What the hell was I thinking coming here thinking people would understand, im gone.

Yeah psh what would we know about medical school
it's not like we're going through it

Reactions: 2 users
I agree with ark sometimes hate is just as strong as love for motivation. And many social adept people transform the hate they have in something positive and acceptable. Often into the support of the antonymous of that hatred.

I agree with ark sometimes hate is just as strong as love for motivation. And many social adept people transform the hate they have in something positive and acceptable. Often into the support of the antonymous of that hatred.

or they turn into darth vader

Reactions: 2 users