This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KamG96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm a transfer student who is here my sophomore year of college. So I had completed many classes in high school for college credit such as calculus, statistics, english 1 and 2, and some other classes. Then after high school I went to community college for a year (last year) and completed some more classes that are required for med school such as gen bio 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and 2, and psychology. Im at my 4 year university and im taking organic 1 and 2, ill be taking physics, and also biochem. With other upper level bio classes of course. I graduated community college with a 3.8 GPA and want to do well here too. Im involved in many extracurriculars and have great amounts/variations of shadowing and volunteers experience. Im also hoping to get involved in thsi research lab next semester.

So my questions are:

Am I okay with having all of those classes at CC?

Will I stand a chance at getting into med school with the application material I listed above?

What can I do to become a more competitive applicant?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys i'm a transfer student who is here my sophomore year of college. So I had completed many classes in high school for college credit such as calculus, statistics, english 1 and 2, and some other classes. Then after high school I went to community college for a year (last year) and completed some more classes that are required for med school such as gen bio 1 and 2, gen chem 1 and 2, and psychology. Im at my 4 year university and im taking organic 1 and 2, ill be taking physics, and also biochem. With other upper level bio classes of course. I graduated community college with a 3.8 GPA and want to do well here too. Im involved in many extracurriculars and have great amounts/variations of shadowing and volunteers experience. Im also hoping to get involved in thsi research lab next semester.

So my questions are:

Will I stand a chance at getting into med school with the application material I listed above?

Thanks so much.
You're fine, stop being insecure. Just do well on your upper division coursework and the MCAT.

I think you'll be fine. Adcoms seem to be more concerned with students who enroll in a 4-year university out of high school and take their med school pre-reqs during the summer at community college.

Focus your energy into a successful transition!

Yes

Yes

Do a search of these forums.